RTS Small Vehicle Operator (On Demand Driver) $17.87 per hour 52 views
- Salary Offer $17.87
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education Specialized License
Regional Transit Service (RTS) is an innovative organization committed to providing safe and sustainable mobility to the communities we serve. In 2021, RTS launched a new on-demand transit service using smaller transit vehicles. RTS On-Demand can take you anywhere within one of our seven On-Demand Zones (Brockport, Greece, Henrietta, Irondequoit, Lexington Ave. Area, Pittsford/Eastview, and Webster). RTS On-Demand provides curb-to-curb service or meets RTS Connect service and other transportation options at Connection Hubs or bus stops.
SVO’s provide On-Demand service in the Monroe County area. The On-Demand service is appointment-based and is limited in geographic area outside our RTS Connect area. SVO’s are required to occasionally secure wheelchairs and assist with utilizing lifts.
RTS is currently seeking a qualified individual who enjoys driving and working with the public to join our team as a Small Vehicle Operator in Monroe County. RTS is seeking a courteous individual focused on safety who is willing to provide excellent customer service to our customers.
The Small Vehicle Operator (SVO) position allows you to get your foot in the door at RTS and allows you a first-in-line opportunity for promotion to the RTS Bus Operator position!
STARTING RATE: $17.87 per hour
START DATE: Non fully licensed candidates will start on July 25, 2022; fully licensed candidates will start on August 8, 2022.
- Health Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision (Full-time employees, after completion of training)
- On-site 24/7 Fitness Center
- Deferred Compensation
- Paid weekly
- Guaranteed 40-hr. work week
- Employee Assistance Program (Counseling, Health Advocacy, Financial & Legal Consultation, Health Coaching, Virtual Concierge, Discounts)
- Well-Being Program
- Culture & Inclusion Council
Small Vehicle Operators are required to fuel or wash the buses!
- Valid NY State Commercial Driver’s License, Class “C” (or higher) with good driving record, passenger endorsement, and no restriction on passenger seating preferred. (If not fully licensed, must have Class “B” permit with passenger endorsement prior to start date.)
- No DWI, DWAI, DUI, DUAI within the last 10 years
- No more than 4 points on license
- A minimum of five (5) years Class D auto driving experience
- Excellent Customer Service skills are a must
- Must be able to work flexible hours, split shifts, and varied days including weekends and holidays (This is a union position associated with the Amalgamated Transit Union, Local 282. All work is picked by seniority; therefore, specific work hours/days cannot be guaranteed.)
- Candidates must attend *4-6 weeks of training (**Monday through Friday 8:00AM – 4:00PM).
- *Non fully licensed candidates will start on 7/25/22 and complete 6 weeks of training.
- *Fully licensed candidates will start on 8/8/22 and complete 4 weeks of training.
- **Training hours and number of weeks of training are approximate; number of training hours will be 20-35 hours per week.
- Candidate must possess a Class “B” permit with passenger endorsement PRIOR to start date, if not fully licensed.
Here are the types of vehicles you will drive as a Small Vehicle Operator:
Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority (RGRTA) has a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees in accordance with state and federal law. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment in accordance with the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
RGRTA is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. RGRTA will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Pursuant to Federal Transit Administration regulations, all applicants for employment in safety-sensitive positions must be given a pre-employment drug test. An applicant may not be assigned safety-sensitive functions unless the individual has a verified negative test result. RTS is required by law to test for various substances, including cocaine, amphetamines, opioids, PCP and marijuana metabolites. Please be advised that marijuana stays in the system for an extended period of time, sometimes more than 30 days, and can cause a positive test result long after use