Afterschool Program Activity Assistant (Part-Time) 44 views1 application
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma or GED
- Assist with the day-to-day operation of program that helps elementary through high school students achieve personal and academic success and prepare for the next level of life.
- Assist with accurate record keeping and collection of intake information on each student.
- Work with Program Director to develop program agendas and group sessions.
- Provide group and individual counseling as needed.
- Assist with administrative task, including but not limited to, record keeping, filing, answering phones, and creation of marketing tools.
- Assist with classroom management.
- Serve KidsCafe Foodlink meals to the youth.
- Assist with recruiting students for school year programs.
- Participate in training and orientation as required and approved by the Director for effective program operation.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Attend/support Urban League of Rochester events and fundraising functions.
- High School Diploma required
- Associates degree preferred in education, counseling, administration or related field, equivalent experience.
- Ability to work between the hours of 2:30pm and 7:00pm and weekends to attend community events.
- Experience working with youth in an educational setting or volunteer work working with youth for 4 years.
- Experience using online platforms including but not limited to social media, Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and customer service oriented.
- Ability to relate well and understand the barriers of minority and underrepresented youth mainly from the inner city.
- Proficient competency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team.
- Knowledge of community resources for volunteer mentors, youth and families is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple, competing tasks and demands.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.