Bus Attendant 56 views
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Total Years Experience 0-12 months
- Education NONE
Position Purpose: Under the supervision of the Director of Transportation, to assist drivers with students on the bus.
- Required to assist special education students on route.
- Responsible work which involves maintaining order and insuring the safety of the children who ride his/her assigned route and extends to escorting students to and from the bus.
- The attendant at all times must be concerned about the safe behavior of the children while the bus is in route.
- Board and get off bus at each stop.
- Supervises boarding and unloading at all stops.
- Assists driver when backing up bus.
- Assists and may lift students to and from bus.
- May operate 2-way radio.
- Assists students with special needs.
- Attends scheduled job training classes, workshops and parent/school/driver meetings.
- Ensures students are seated before bus is in motion.
- Maintains order on the bus.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
2-way radio as needed.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Ability to establish a supportive and compassionate relationship with students with special needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
- Ability to lift students as needed.
- Ability to work outdoors.
- There are no education or experience qualifications for this position.
- Prior experience working with special needs children desirable.