Elementary Building Principal 24 views
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education Master's Degree
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Walt Disney Elementary School
- Closing Date:
Position: Building Principal Walt Disney Elementary School(Effective July 1, 2022)
Purpose: The elementary school Building Principal is as a member of the administrative team whose primary purpose is to organize and supervise the building programs for Gates Chili CSD under the direction of the Superintendent of Schools and the Assistant Superintendent for Instruction (ASI). The Building Principal will be directly responsible for the continuous planning, development, implementation and evaluation of instructional and support programs consistent with district philosophy and programs.
- Functions as the instructional leader in the school building
- Creates a welcoming and inviting environment, where school community is engaged and supportive.
- Primary responsibility is ensuring that the needs of the students are met.
- Supervises and evaluates building staff, including Assistant Principal.
- Ensures building level committees are running effectively and efficiently.
- Organizes classes and schedules that are conducive to learning and to staff relationships.
- Oversees faculty and staff meetings in the building.
- Established a positive staff environment that promotes inclusivity.
- Responsible for oversight and implementation of culturally responsive practices within the school building.
- Establishes and maintains school and classroom behavioral expectations.
- Ensures Code of Conduct and Character is communicated and imposed.
- Continues professional research and growth in the areas related to the teaching-learning process and best practices.
- Manages systems of restorative practices and student discipline in the building. Supervises office staff in maintaining good office procedures and efficient record and reporting procedures.
- Works collaboratively with building and district staff to ensure a safe and healthy learning environment.
- Manages building budgets.
- Works collaboratively with district and building administration and peers in the implementation of District initiatives, policies, practices and procedures.
- Insures adequate care and inventory of all school property such as the building, equipment and supplies.
- Coordinates all building and safety drills.
- Is responsible for the preparation of a master teaching schedule and all schedules and activities throughout the year.
- Has responsibility for coordination of evening, weekend and school breaks programs in the building.
- Manages and keeps up to date building social media accounts.
- Interprets the school program to the public using newsletters, parent/guardian-teacher association meetings, community appearances, open houses, electronic/technical means of communication, assembly programs, and bulletins to families.
- Assists in formulating and carrying out administrative policies and board policies as they apply.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools or their designee.Note:The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy.
- Knowledge of elementary school curriculum, instruction and assessments
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students
- Knowledge and ability to display strong leadership skills.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed
- Ability to organize and coordinate work
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parent(s)/guardian(s)
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation regarding performance, professional growth and cultural awareness
- Ability to engage culturally diverse students and families
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal and external stakeholder
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the Superintendent of Schools in accordance with the provisions of the Board of Education Policy on Evaluation of Administrative Personnel.
Certification/License: Must possess a valid New York State School Administrator
Education: Master’s Degree and successful completion of C.A.S. program.
Experience: The Elementary School Principal must have successful experience as a teacher and demonstrated success in administration and/or supervision. Experience working with a diverse population of students strongly desired.
Demands, Hazards: Works in standard office and school building environments.
Equipment: Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Travel: Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.