Coordinator of Regional Bilingual Education Resource Newtork (RBERN)-Full-time, 12 Mos. 26 views
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education Certification
Manage all aspects of the RBERN program and to serve as the primary regional liaison with staff at NYSED and other NYSED school improvement providers as applicable, to identify and address regional issues/concerns and professional development needs.
- Manage all aspects of the RBERN program.
- Oversee/Approve of all trainings offered by MidWest RBERN (Frontline, Regional & District-based, as determined by Deliverables in RFP)
- Supervise & Evaluate Resource Specialists and Clerical staff
- Collaborate with other RBERN Directors as often as needed (Weekly meetings, special projects and task force leadership)
- Collaborate and correspond with OBEWL liaison monthly
- Oversee and manage data reporting for BOCES, OBEWL, NYSED and Regional needs
- Oversee and maintain accurate website information
- Collaborate with district leaders, BOCES leaders and Community Based Organizations to meet the needs of the region in terms of English Language Learners and Multilingual Learners and their Families/Guardians
- Serve as management liaison with staff of NYSED Office of Bilingual Education-World Language (OBEWL) and other NYSED offices.
- Develop budget and manage the project’s financial resources to carry out the objectives of the contract.
- Participate in NYSED OBEWL meetings, professional development sessions and all other statewide meetings or training as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
Valid NYS Certification as an administrator
Minimum 5 years experience in educational leadership in bilingual and ESL education.
Teaching certificate in English as a Second Language or English to Speakers of Other Languages, Grades K-12 or one or more Bilingual Extension Certification in different languages, with a minimum of 3 years of successful teaching experience.