Registered Nurse 61 views
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 0-12 months
- Education Certification
The Nurse serves as the medical liaison to classrooms and provides oversight to the Licensed Practical nursing staff.
- Supervises LPN staff.
- Assists with Health Education for students.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the health needs of students.
- Develops individual health care plans with specific goals, objectives, and interventions of the student with special health needs and/or chronic health problems.
- Serves as liaison between the medical community, the school, and the staff regarding student health concerns.
- Assists with mandated School Immunization program and Screening programs.
- Assists in assessing in-school and community health care resources.
- Performs other such duties as may be assigned by the Special Education Supervisor.
Civil Service TitleSchool Nurse (Non-Competitive)Job Qualifications
Must possess or meet requirements for Civil Service title of School Nurse. New York State License, as a Registered Nurse required; current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation/automated external defibrillator (CPR/AED) required; certification as a CPR instructor preferred. Previous school age experience preferred.