CDL Instructor 106 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level, Highly Skilled
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education Specialized License
Canandaigua Driving School is looking for a new member to grow our team and train new drivers who are preparing to test for their Commercial License. The CDL Instructor will join a team of driving professionals who pride themselves on molding the safe and responsible drivers of tomorrow. If you have prior instructing experience, and would like to join our company, we encourage you to apply for this position today.
The CDL Driving Instructor is responsible for providing instruction in the safe operation of CDL Class A and Class B vehicles at Canandaigua Driving School. All job duties must be performed in a way that promotes safe practices in accordance with Canandaigua Driving School’s established programs and policies.
The CDL Driving Instructor plays a role in the ongoing training of new students at Canandaigua Driving School. The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include:
- Provides instruction on functional driving skills such as turns, curves, backing, intersections, etc.
- Trains student drivers on performing safety inspections
- Evaluates student drivers daily to determine when they are ready to progress from the range to the road
- Provides instruction regarding driving on upgrades and downgrades including starting and stopping
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere
- Performs additional duties as assigned
This position offers an excellent benefits package including 401K, health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, and more.
Based on the essential duties and responsibilities of the position, the CDL Driving Instructor should have a number of professional skills and abilities:
- Patience when instructing the class and efficiency in the resolution of any issues student drivers may have
- Excellent communication skills when interacting with new students and experienced CDL drivers
- Ability to work with students of different skill levels and adapt to their individual needs
- Must demonstrate good judgment and discretion
- Must demonstrate leadership and commitment to continuous improvement
Based on the technical and professional responsibilities of the position, the CDL Driving Instructor is required to:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be able to pass a NY DMV written, visual, road sign & road test
- Must have High School or High School Equivalency diploma
- Must have a minimum of 2 year CDL driving experience
The CDL Driving Instructor is primarily located in an outdoor environment with moderate to high noise level. The Instructor may be exposed to varying weather and temperature conditions and experience other physical environments while traveling. Physical requirements include:
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to bend, kneel or lie down in an outdoor environment
- Must be able to be on feet, on hard surface, for majority of a shift (i.e. standing and walking while observing students on the range)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The CDL Instructor position is a Full Time, Day Shift position located in Farmington, NY. The normal hours for the position will be Monday through Friday from 7am to 3pm.