Elementary General Education Teacher 2023/2024
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education Certification
The Gates Chili Central School District is dedicated to fostering curiosity, growth, and diversity within our school community. The District celebrates and embraces differences and strives to dismantle exclusion, bias, racism, and prejudice of all forms.
Position: Elementary General Education Teacher – Anticipated for 2023/24 School Year
***If you have already submitted an application to Job #781, you do not need to re-apply***
Purpose: Under the general supervision of the Building Administrator, to facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of individual students and by creating a culturally inviting, flexible, safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parent(s)/guardian(s) and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
- Administers elementary curriculum consistent with District goals and objectives
- Promotes a classroom environment that is culturally diverse, safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials according to NYS Standards
- Instructs students in the principles of the “Spartan Way” and other subject matters
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending professional development opportunities
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping for, grading and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws
- Encourages parent(s)/guardian(s) involvement in students’ education and ensures effective communication with students and families
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school’s standards and district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior in the classroom
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, and participates in faculty meetings and committees
- Selects and requests appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records
- Administers standardized tests in accordance with District testing programs
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Administrator and other district office administrators.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles
- Knowledge of elementary school curriculum and concepts
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed
- Ability to organize and coordinate work
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parent(s)/guardian(s)
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation regarding performance and professional growth and cultural awareness
- Ability to engage culturally diverse students
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal and external stakeholder
Certification/License: NYS Certification as an Elementary Teacher (Grades K-6)
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Elementary Education or related discipline applicable to teaching assignment; Master’s degree in related area preferred
Experience: Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade levels a plus; Experience working with a diverse population of students desired
Demands, Hazards: Works in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Equipment: Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Travel: Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.