GED Instructor – Youth Build 66 views2 applications
- Experience Level Highly Skilled
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
FUNCTION: As the TASC Instructor you will be responsible for working with students on a day to day basis to ensure their success in increasing their literacy/numeracy and completing and passing the TASC exam. You will also be responsible for assisting participants in becoming self-sufficient as well as monitoring student attendance and completing monthly reports which will ensure that students are on track in achieving their educational and career goals.
- Provide assistance in achieving academic and employment success through effective and comprehensive activities that improve educational and skill competencies, and connections to employers.
- Remove barriers to active participation in education, training, and employment.
- Instruct and supervise TASC class sessions
- Help participants acquire and obtain necessary skills to pass the TASC test.
- Administer TABE (both pre and post TABE tests)
- Ensure on-going mentoring opportunities with adults.
- Provide opportunities for training, career exploration, work experience, employment.
- Monthly face-to-face communication with each youth.
- Provide incentives for recognition and achievement.
- Provide activities related to leadership, development, decision-making, citizenship and community service.
- Develop job positions in the private sector suited to applicant’s needs.
- Develop career oriented programs of study for participants
- Submit accurate monthly and quarterly reports and monitor program to ensure it is on track for meeting goals.
- Attend and participate in Urban League functions and fundraising events.
- Perform such duties as the supervisor may assign.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education or related field; excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Certified to teach in NYS preferable in one content area or special education
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong commitment to youth leadership and empowerment and ability to work sensitively and effectively with young people.
- Ability to relate to, communicate with and work with disadvantaged young men and women and understand the issues relating to this population.
- Competency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to relate well with others, a team player with a positive attitude.
- Valid NYS driver’s license; clean driver’s abstract.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Knowledge of available community resources a plus