Per Diem and Long Term Substitute positions (SPED)
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 4-year degree
The Substitute Classroom Teacher is responsible for maintaining the classroom and instruction on a daily basis for students with disabilities.
- Review IEP’s and behavior plans of students in the class.
- Carry out instructional activities per the substitute plans.
- Manage the classroom with student behaviors and needs.
- Collaborate with the staff in the classroom to help the students have a successful day.
- Come prepared with instructional activities in the event that substitute plans are not available.
NYS teacher certification in Special Eduation. Prior teaching experience preferred.