Substitute Teacher 219 views
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 4-year degree
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, the substitute teacher will have the primary responsibility of providing the students with a relevant education in the absence of the regular teacher. Substitute teachers will guide students in attaining the knowledge and skills necessary for success during their educational career as well as preparing the students to become college and career ready after graduation. Substitute teachers will help students learn the skills and attitudes necessary to achieve a responsible, productive, and fulfilling life in our changing world.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Follow the lesson plans that were prepared by the Teacher.
- Provide clear standards of conduct for student behavior.
- Interacting with students in a respectful manner.
- Work collaboratively with other staff members.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of school curriculum and concepts, including all subject matters taught.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
- Certification: NYS Teacher certification preferred.
- Motor Vehicle Operator’s License or ability to provide own transportation.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Masters Degree preferred.
Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade level preferred.