Preschool Teacher Assistant – $17.00 293 views
- Salary Offer $17 per hour
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma or GED
Position Tile: Preschool Teacher Assistant
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $17.00 per hour
Competitive wages based on experience and education. Candidates must have 1 – 2 years experience in early childhood education, an Associate degree in Early Childhood education, or a Child Development Associate (CDA) or 9 college credits in Early Childhood Child Development, or a related field
- Preschool Child Care Credential or working towards credentials
- (CDA) Child Development Associate or working towards credentials
- High School Diploma
- 2 years’ experience related to caring for children
The Preschool Teacher Assistant, assist in teaching in the development of preschooler’s daily routines, learning activities and implementation of the operation procedure of the Center, to ensure a developmentally appropriate environment for children and their families. It is the Center’s mission to “Lead All Children to Their Designed Principles” and we believe that a quality education includes daily learning activities, physical fitness and a positive social-emotional climate in a clean, nurturing, safe environment, which helps support all children’s growth and learning potential, we are influencing the next generation of learners, leaving a strong, lasting, positive impact on our children.
We are looking to employ a continuity of care Preschool Teacher Assistant, who has a passion for instilling values in young children, that is a motivated, passionate caregiver to enhance the happiness, intelligence, and future success of preschoolers. To ensure success, the preschoolers teacher should display a gentle and nurturing personality, and the patience to assist each preschoolers or child to mature cognitively. Very young children need an enormous amount of care and attention to learn and develop appropriately. Young children are naturally curious, creative, energetic, and eager to learn. They need the guidance and support of committed adults to ignite their potential and to give them the opportunity to succeed. Actuality, the preschoolers teachers have the terrific ability to make a real impact in the children world.
- To assist the Lead Teacher family with parent relationships and communicating with parents regularly, including classroom daily reports on children’s activities.
- To assist guiding babies and toddlers through education/development appropriate learning activities.
- Responsively thinking on your feet and responding to each child’s needs efficiently.
- Displaying a patient and calm personality coupled with a loving approach to every child.
- Contributing positively to the behavior and social interaction of the children.
- Building secure relationships with the children.
- Assisting the Lead Teacher keeping a daily record of the day’s events for parent perusal.
- Ensuring close communication with parents throughout the day should the need arise.
- Assisting the Lead Teacher to create fun and interactive learning experiences while serving as caregiver and teacher.
- Assisting the Lead Teacher to provide an active, nurturing learning environment fully engaged for children development.
- Assisting the Lead Teacher to ensure that the classroom meets each child’s social, emotional, cognitive, and physical needs.
- To provide a safe, stimulating classroom with supervision of the children at all times.
- Effective skills in oral and written communications.
- Ability to communicate and work collaboratively with the children families, and personnel.
- Assisting the Lead Teacher to communicate directly with parents and prospective parents to achieve success for the child. Working closely with the program director to ensure that guidelines are adhered to.
- Assisting the Lead Teacher to respond to parents to meet their interests and needs.
- Assisting the Lead Teacher to maintain classroom cleanliness and compliance with all relevant regulations and standards, including state regulations.
- Excellent understanding of the principles of early child development and children educational methods
- Knowledgeable in child development and milestones associated with each age group
- Familiarity with safety and sanitation guidelines for the classrooms
- Excellent communication and instructional skills
- Ability to act as caregiver and teacher for children
- Dependable, friendly and reliable
- Knowledge of New York State Office of Children and Family Services Bureau of Early Childhood licensing regulations, CACFP Program, and National Association for the Education of Young Children Accreditation Standards.
The total salary package includes:
- Health Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Holiday
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Professional Development
• Tuition Assistance
- To provide an active, nurturing learning environment fully engaged for children’s development. To assist the Lead Teacher to ensure that the classroom meets each child’s social, emotional, cognitive, and physical needs. To provide a safe, stimulating classroom with supervision of the children at all times.
- Attend all Professional Development Training as directed by Caring and Caring and Sharing Child Care Center, Inc.
- Respond to parents to meet their interests and needs. Maintain classroom cleanliness and compliance with all relevant regulations and standards, including New York State regulations.
- Lift at least 50 pounds
- Bend at the knees and waist
- Move from a sitting to standing without assistance
- Upon hire, must pass criminal and child abuse background checks.
- Professionalism and exemplary work ethic.
- Knowledge of NYS Office of Children and Family Services regulations.