Teacher Aide – School Aide 300 views
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education Certification
- Assists students with academic assignments;
- Assists students with their project research, encyclopedia skills, card catalogue skills, computer skills, etc.;
- Corrects papers;
- Performs simple and routine clerical duties such as copying or duplicating, filing and compiling attendance sheets;
- Maintains inventory of and schedules repairs for classroom equipment (such as film strips, cassettes);
- Proctors examinations;
- Assists handicapped students with their daily activities with regard to mobility.
- Assist guidance, pupil services staff or building administration, as needed.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of the school organization;
- ability to follow oral and written instructions;
- ability to obtain student cooperation and attention;
- ability to give instructions;
- ability to work well with students and school personnel;
- ability to understand and deal with student behavior;
- ability to maintain simple records;
- tact; patience;
- good judgment;
- physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
(A) One (1) year full-time or its part-time paid or volunteer equivalent experience working in a clerical capacity; OR,(B) One (1) year full time or its part-time paid or volunteer equivalent experience working with children; OR,(C) Possession of a certificate of completion of a course of Child Care through an occupational school, The American Red Cross or similar agency; OR,(D) A combination of experience as defined by the limits of (A), (B) and (C) above.Note: Successful completion of one (1) year of college education beyond high school (minimum of 30 semester college credit hours) may be substituted for the one (1) year of experience.