Director of Development 23 views
- Experience Level Highly Skilled
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education Master's Degree
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
YWCA of Rochester and Monroe County seeks a collaborative and innovative Development Director to elevate the organization’s fundraising, brand marketing and external relationships.
The Development Director will work closely with the entire YWCA team to convey the power of YWCA’s mission and funded services to key stakeholders; by expanding its reach, creating vibrant marketing and event collateral, managing and maintaining strong database, technical support for the organization, and increase financial support via various fundraising strategies.
The Development Director is responsible for designing and implementing the YWCA’s visibility, fundraising strategies. The Director will build and sustain donors through sponsored engagement and continually seek support for the YWCA by being active throughout the community. This individual will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, staff, and members of the Board of Directors.
- Manage fundraising appeals, online giving (such as Annual Appeal, ROC the Day, and general donations), and work with the CEO /VP to set and achieve fundraising goals.
- Engage with the YWCA team on new campaign initiatives, community outreach strategies, fundraising, and corporate outreach.
- Design donor solicitation materials and acknowledgments.
- Develop strategy to engage new donors and mission supporters
- Maintain constituent relationship database, maximizing its content and use for efficient cultivation and messaging to our stakeholders. Generate donor and prospect reports for the CEO, VP of Strategic Partnerships & Donor Development, and other staff members.
- Regularly secure pertinent and compelling data, client stories, and Board of Director information for reporting and outreach.
- Develop, oversee, and execute signature fundraising events.
- Responsible for coordinating all event-related logistics and operations, including selection and management of venue, audio/visual services, staffing, development of speaker content, fundraising and event marketing materials.
- Coordinate the efforts of event committees of the YWCA’s board of directors.
- Provide recommendation and tools to support YWCA board members meet fundraising goals
- Very strong organizational skills; must be highly-detail oriented and comfortable working on multiple projects year-round while prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to work successfully in a team, with colleagues, Board members, donors, followers, and supporters is vital, as is ability to work independently with a strong degree of self-starting.
- Highly professional and personable, able to create and maintain strong relationships with YWCA donors and stakeholders.
- Persuasive communication written and oral
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Business, Communications, Marketing or Nonprofit Management or related field; 3-5years related experience
- Excellent communication, public speaking and writing skills are essential, with the ability to maintain relationship with donors and community partners.
- Experience and proficiency with donor management software
- Work hours: requires flexibility to support mission related events and activities