Events & Donor Engagement Program Coordinator 13 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level All, Some Experience, Mid-Level, Highly Skilled
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 4-year degree
The Donor Engagement and Events Coordinator supports the activities of the Donor Engagement and Special Events teams. Reporting to the Executive Director of Donor Engagement, and with moderate direction and latitude for independent judgment, the coordinator assists with a wide range of stewardship and special event activities in support of annual philanthropy goals. The coordinator will oversee the event registration process for up to 20 high-visibility donor events per year, manage and track event communications schedules, coordinate faculty and student travel logistics, and other event responsibilities. The coordinator will also assist colleagues with strategic stewardship touchpoints to ensure donors are receiving appropriate recognition for their gifts and to cultivate future giving from alumni, parents, and friends. This includes overseeing the timely distribution of acknowledgment letters, the ability to carefully proofread documents for accuracy, impeccable coordination with the President’s Office, and maintaining accurate information in the OASIS database.
Event Coordinator and Support
Under the general direction of the Senior Director of Special Events, and in coordination with the Executive Director of Donor Engagement:
- Event Registration -With minimal direction, manage the event registration process for approximately 20 events per year. This will include: assistance with invitation list development and invitation mailings; building on-line registration pages; managing events in registering attendees in OASIS; tracking RSVP status and keeping registration lists up to date; printing nametags; packing and shipping event supplies.
- Manage faculty and student travel -Book travel for faculty and students and manage travel briefings. Process expense reports after the event.
- Manage on-line photo albums -After events, collect and circulate electronic photo albums.
- Provide on-site staff support as needed -Assist at local evening and weekend events.
- Participate in Special Events team meetings to obtain in-depth knowledge of ongoing event activity.
Strategic Stewardship & Engagement
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Donor Engagement:
- Coordinate the Stewardship Checklist program to ensure that donors are receiving stewardship of their gift that exceeds their expectations and cultivates future giving. Work closely with each area of the Donor Engagement Team to execute a customized stewardship program for each donor, with the latitude to problem solve within the process.
- Provide program coordination to the Best Accounts team through basic research, creating and maintaining plan, and managing timelines and deliverables with gift officer admins.
- Assist with planning and production of Thank View videos; coordinating student and/or faculty participation, manage locations and other logistics.
- Manage weekly report of gifts and determine which entries meet the qualifications for a Presidential letter and determining, through reviewing donor gift records, the appropriate letter template to be used.
- Merge letters, being completely responsible that they are 100% accurate, and print letter for review.
- Route letters through the Advancement and President’s Office approval process, independently answering any questions and providing solutions. Then finalize, and mail; then enter donor contact information into OASIS.
- Write and prepare university general acknowledgements for Executive Director’s review and signature.
- Serve as back up to Assistant Director of Donor Engagement and Communications on all acknowledgment issues.
Support the nine members of the Donor Engagement team, including the Executive Director in day-to-day operations.
- Oversee general administrative projects including managing large mailings; make arrangements for large group meetings, webinars, and conference attendance; organize and facilitate twice monthly team meetings; and collaborate with individual team members on projects as needed.
- Perform basic office management duties, including sorting and routing mail, covering telephones, managing calendars, compiling and editing reports, composing and editing correspondence, and maintaining files as needed.
- Assist donor impact reporting team during crucial reporting times; Follow up on scholarship recipient surveys, manage responses and edit student profiles.
- Assist capital projects team by updating and maintain named space opportunities and coordinating website updates with Internet Projects.
Bachelor’s degree, 1-2 years of work experience in a marketing organization; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in higher education, fundraising, or non-profit administration is strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential, as are diplomacy and a team orientation
- Advanced Computer skills in the following:
- Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel
- OASIS (with training)
- A proven ability to write and edit clearly, accurately, and concisely
- Demonstrated qualities of creativity, imagination, and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities in successfully accomplishing projects
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work independently as well as collaboratively with others on a team
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence and outstanding customer service
- A high level of energy and enthusiasm for the mission of Advancement
- Outstanding writing and verbal communications skills
- Solid relationship-building skills and an ability to interface with internal clients at all levels, including Advancement staff, University faculty and administrators, and external vendors and suppliers
- The ability to see and understand the objectives of the Advancement program and all other divisions of the University Advancement Office, and to integrate his or her goals with those objectives
- The ability to initiate, analyze, monitor, evaluate, and advance strategic Advancement plans