Financial Services Analyst (Risk Management) 14 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 2-year degree
Independently performs client, business unit, and department trending, reporting, and analysis, including related department project work to support adherence to policy and operational effectiveness. Ensures daily team operations are completed timely and accurately and responds to escalated issues. Provides feedback to management team on opportunities with policy or procedure to improve daily operations. Effectively manages and contributes to multiple projects while representing Risk Management on project teams as requested. Provides direction, training, and support to specialists and representatives by serving as a role model and department mentor.
- Assigns transactional work to representatives, collaborates with department Supervisors to monitor database and phone queues, and serves as first point of contact on all escalated client/operational issues, including IT related matters, to ensure transactions are being completed appropriately and timely. Assumes responsibilities of the supervisor in his/her absence.
- Researches, reconciles, and analyzes key data and presents findings to client, Field Operations, vendors and/or management to make informed and collaborative decisions on more than $2 billion dollars in revenue. This includes focusing on the Paychex Service Model and impact on Paychex clients through departmental tasks and policies, and mitigating financial and reputation risk exposure to Paychex.
- Develops and maintains Access databases and Excel spreadsheets for analysis and reporting purposes to support the management team with financial and statistical reporting to increase productivity.
- Develops and maintains key indicator reports to monitor trends and maximize efficiencies within the department. Partners with Supervisors to communicate results to the appropriate areas.
- Designs, reviews, and distributes Paychex policies and procedures to ensure accuracy of data including internal procedure documentation. This includes maintaining appropriate internal controls to ensure compliance with Paychex policy and Sarbanes Oxley requirements through partnership with Corporate Finance.
- Develops and maintains interdepartmental relationships to support the business units and Risk Management strategies, partnering to identify solutions.
- Trains new employees and cross-trains existing employees on complex operational functions to ensure technical skills are transferred and consistent. Prepares, presents, and engages in team and department meetings to ensure continued technical and self-development. Acts as partner, mentor, and subject matter expert for specialists and analysts.
- Participates on special projects, including procedural changes and system implementation, to ensure Risk Management business needs are appropriately represented.
- Develops and maintains advanced and comprehensive job knowledge of all Paychex products and their corresponding systems to enhance the customer service experience and provide streamlined solutions to complex problems.
- Performs root cause analysis on system issues to identify areas of improvement.
- Access Databases building and SQL coding experience preferred
- Other duties as assigned to support the general purpose of the position?s function.
- Associate’s Degree – Preferred
- 2 years of experience in Customer service, system integration and reporting, and/or accounts receivable.