Garage Supervisor Nights 91 views6 applications
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education High School Diploma or GED
POSITION OVERVIEW: This is a safety-sensitive, first line supervisory position responsible for performing a variety of functions relative to the safe and efficient maintenance and repair of all RTS revenue and non-revenue vehicle maintenance, and several RTS buildings and facilities. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Manager of RTS Fleet Maintenance. This position is expected to open and close the Service Building operations and oversee Service Building employees on weekends in addition to overseeing the Garage.
Wednesday & Thursday, 10:00pm – 6:30am;
Saturday, 4:00pm – 2:00am;
Sunday 5:00pm – 6:00am
Starting wage rate in accordance with the Teamsters, Local 118 collective bargaining agreement: $27.51
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of established fleet mechanical maintenance and preventative maintenance practices and protocols.
- Working knowledge of the bus propulsion, suspension, electrical, pneumatic operations and repairs, scheduling and reporting.
- Ability to read, understand and communicate bus build prints and schematics.
- Ability to work with computers and Microsoft Office software, Word, Excel and Access.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with co-workers and subordinate staff.
- Ability to make sound, well-reasoned decisions based on quantitative and qualitative findings.
- Dependability, tact, diplomacy, good judgement
- Physical ability commensurate with the demands of the position.
CANDIDATE MUST POSSESS:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must obtain a NY State Commercial Driver’s License, Class B and any applicable endorsements within 6-months from the hire date (Must have Class B permit prior to start date).
- Candidates will be required to submit to, and produce a negative drug and alcohol screen. Employees of this classification are designated as safety sensitive under FTA Rules and Regulations and subject to Drug and Alcohol Testing in accordance with company and federal rules.
CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO THE FOLLOWING FACTORS:
- Education attained beyond high school
- ASE Certification
- Mechanical and Technical Repair Background/Experience
- Relevant Previous Work Experience
- Relevant Supervisory Experience (may include responsibility for performance review and disciplinary actions)
We offer a competitive benefits package!
This is a Union environment in association with the Teamsters, Local 118.
Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority (RGRTA) has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All safety-sensitive internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
RGRTA provides equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or disability.