Ground Equipment Operator/Seasonal 35 views1 application
- Salary Offer $15.90 per hour
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level All
- Total Years Experience 0-12 months
- Education NONE
This is a grounds maintenance position involving upkeep of lawns, trees, shrubs, flowerbeds, sidewalks, driveways, and out-buildings. The employee may operate grounds motorized equipment or light weight trucks in tending the lawns and in hauling materials and refuse. Work involves manual labor and is performed in good weather or in bad weather such as extremes of heat, cold, and humidity. General supervision is received from a higher ranking employee. Direct supervision may be exercised over full-time, part-time, or seasonal laborers. Performs related work as required.Typical Work Activities
- Mows lawns and trims and edges around walks, flowerbeds, walls, fences, hedges, trees and shrubs;
- Prunes trees and shrubs;
- Plants, waters, and weeds grass, flowers, trees and shrubs;
- Rakes leaves, picks up brush and litter;
- Plows or shovels snow and spreads salt on walkways, steps, driveways, crossings, or rinks;
- Repairs and paints fences, gates, walks, and walls, outbuildings, tables, benches, and guardrails;
- Installs playground and athletic equipment;
- Builds athletic fields and marks fields;
- Cleans out gutters, drainage ditches, culverts, and catch basins;
- Operates hand, power, and motorized tools and equipment;
- Operates light trucks to deliver supplies and cart debris, loads and unloads truck;
- Performs minor preventative maintenance tasks on ground equipment or vehicles.
Six (6) months of paid, full-time experience (or its part-time equivalent) in the operation of vehicles and equipment used in ground maintenance.
Possession of a valid New York State Class D Driver license at time of appointment. This license must be maintained throughout employment in this title.
CITY RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION.