Guard Part-Time 552 views11 applications
- Salary Offer $11.99 - $14.90 hourly
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level All, Entry Level, Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 0-12 months
- Education Specialized License
$11.99 – $14.90 hourly
Monroe Community Hospital
This position is responsible for the enforcement of peace and order on the grounds and in buildings of a governmental agency or department, and the prevention and investigation of theft, vandalism, accidents and illegal entry, etc. Employees direct visitors to parking areas or offices and check visitor passes. The employee reports directly to, and works under the general supervision of, a supervisor, manager, or special investigator. Supervision of others is not a responsibility of this class. Does related work as required.
- (A) Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma, plus one (1) year of paid full-time or its part-time equivalent experience in an occupation involved with the enforcement of peace and order such as a guard, police officer, forest ranger, armored vehicle guard; OR,
- (B) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered two (2) year college or university with an Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice or Police Science; OR,
- (C) An equivalent combination of education and experience as defined by the limits of (A) and (B) above.
Current registration as a Security Guard with the New York State Department of State.
Candidates for employment with Monroe County Government will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test, along with a background investigation. Failure to meet the standards may result in disqualification.
If you are appointed, you will be required to possess a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State or otherwise demonstrate your capacity to meet the transportation needs of the position.
Applicant must be a resident of Monroe County at the time of appointment.
*Must be available to work all shifts