Health and Benefits Service Specialist II 30 views1 application
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level All, Some Experience, Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
Provides advanced client service and technical product support to our internal and external partners. Ensures timely and accurate problem resolution while mitigating exposure to the Agency and client. Works independently to handle increasingly more complex issues, while maintaining an advanced understanding of the business unit department goals and objectives. Works with the client and other business units to resolve escalated client issues.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive knowledge of new and existing client account set ups, their corresponding systems and Health & Benefit processes to ensure resolution of escalated client issues.
- Gathers and interprets data to solve complex issues relating to the Health & Benefit product and services, while maintaining positive and professional relationships with internal and external partners.
- Trains and mentors employees within the group when required to ensure all staff is current on policies and procedures.
- Assists the team with escalated client calls and handles the situation through resolution to ensure the team has the resources to perform their tasks. Acts a resource for them as needed.
- Develops problem resolution techniques and makes appropriate recommendations to Supervisor to ensure all client issues are resolved appropriately and accurately.
- Reviews processes and streamlines daily tasks to maintain efficiencies within the department.
- Maintains accuracy and integrity of the clients? financial and insurance transactions by researching and resolving any discrepancies with coverage or billing.
- Responds to inbound calls and places outbound calls as required by the business unit to ensure issue resolution and client satisfaction. Maintains accurate recording of all internal and external communications. (Insured, insurance partners, payroll offices etc.)
- Maintains documents and records to ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal insurance regulations.
- Provides necessary documentation to states and federal insurance agencies as well as our insurance partners to ensure compliance with internal and external policies.
- Participates in product related projects, product testing or training sessions as required to ensure implementations are successful.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Business, Finance
- 3 years of experience in Service/insurance Related field.
- Demonstrates customer service skills.