Health Compliance Coordinator
- Salary Offer $25.00/hr. - $26.92/hr. (depending on experience)
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education High School Diploma or GED
Regional Transit Service (RTS) is a regional transit authority established by New York State with more than 1,000 employees who proudly serve customers and business partners in Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, and Wyoming counties. Recognized as one of the best-run transit systems in the nation, RTS partners with the community it serves to provide vital, safe, and sustainable transportation services to nearly 8 million people each year. We carry out our mission by connecting our customers to jobs, school, healthcare, shopping, and recreational activities every day.
The Health Compliance Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day coordination of employee occupational health services, including oversight of the Drug & Alcohol program, and the health and medical compliance for the NYS 19-A Vehicle and Traffic Law requirements. This position also coordinates with the contracted occupational health services for the Authority.
RATE: $25.00/hr. – $26.92/hr. (depending on experience)
REPORTS TO: Director of Engagement & Well-Being
: Medical, Dental (currently free) and Vision (currently free), Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
: Disability Insurance, Pension Plan, NY State Deferred Compensation Plan, Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, Accident Insurance, Group Specified Disease Insurance and Hospital Insurance
: Paid Time Off (PTO: 17 days upon hire; accrue additional time after 1 year), Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays, Verizon Wireless Discount, On-site Fitness Center open 24/7, Employee Wellness Program, Culture & Inclusion Council, BJ’s Wholesale Club Discount, and more!
- Ensure compliance with the requirements outlined in the RGRTA Drug & Alcohol Policy.
- Manage Random Testing Pool, including scheduling of all random drug and alcohol tests required and all necessary reporting.
- Maintain training certifications and records for the Drug and Alcohol Program (internal and contracted).
- Schedule and perform drug screens and alcohol tests for pre-employment, return to work, 19-A, and post-accident reasons.
- Coordinate all day-to-day functions of the Occupational Health Department along with oversight of the contracted Occupational Health Services, including scheduling appointments, processing paperwork, and maintaining employee records and files.
- Schedule 19-A physicals, process all paperwork, and maintain all 19-A records and files to ensure compliance for commercial bus drivers for diabetes, CPAP, and blood pressure management.
- Understand and assist as needed with NYS Disability Administration and supplemental short term disability employer statement processing.
- Review, verify, and prepare vouchers for payments for contracted service providers.
- Assist employees and supervisors with matters related to FMLA, NYS Disability, and other leaves of absence, and health and safety compliance.
- Collaborate with employee wellness and benefits to ensure a holistic approach to managing overall employee well-being.
- Ensure HRIS and medical records/files are up to date and maintained for employees.
- Perform general office duties including answering phones, filing, and supply inventory management.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- At least five (5) years of experience working in medical or business office; occupational health or administrative experience preferred.
- Drug Collection and Breath Alcohol Technician certification highly preferred, but not required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create and manage reports and company correspondence.
- Understanding and knowledge of 49 CFR Part 40 and Part 655, and Article 19-A preferred.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and act with discretion.
- Ability to manage multiple calendars, including own schedule while factoring in varying tasks that need to be completed.
- Ability to make sound decisions in time-sensitive situations.
- Must have strong computer skills, including proficient knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, and RGRTA-specific software programs.
- Superior customer service skills; strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all employees and supervisors in a professional and tactful manner.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Self-motivated; self-directed; ability to work with minimal supervision.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit while using hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to talk, hear, see, and use a computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch.
The employee must regularly lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to 40 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.