Help Desk (Network Specialist) 92 views
- Postal Code 14609
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Entry Level
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma
We are currently hiring for a Network Specialist/Help Desk Specialist at our Rochester, NY location. This is a full time (40 hour) position with hours being between Monday-Friday between 8am – 4:30pm.
The Network Specialist provides overall user security and technical support for technology systems including hardware, software, peripherals, network connections and wiring. This person is responsible for security administration related to user access, shared folders and information systems and performs diagnostic analysis, resolution and preventative maintenance. This person also participates in the execution of the HFA Technology strategy under the direction of the Director of Technology Solutions.
Essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Security administration related to user access management, network access, HFA information systems and administrative accounts. Functions as security administrator for sensitive New York State information systems (OMH, OCFS, etc).
- Participates in design, configuration, deployment and support of all technology related equipment and software.
- Maintains inventory of equipment, software, and licenses.
- Completes all service requests on-time and ensures customer receives products and services as requested.
- Manages service support with external vendors as required.
- Responsible for support and integration of Hillside systems with business partners.
- Develops educational support resources for users.
- Provides recommendations to supervisor regarding enhancements to policies, procedures and protocols. Ensures compliance with approved policies, procedures and protocols. Provides recommendations to supervisor regarding enhancements to policies, procedures and protocols.
- Participates with other members of Technology department to ensure effective execution of the Technology strategy.
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field OR an equivalent combination education and experience is required. At least one year of relevant experience is required. Applicants with no college degree or certification must have Helpdesk experience. Candidates should have a valid driver’s license and meet agency driving standards.