Homefinding Specialist 42 views
- Postal Code 14609
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 0-2
- Education 2-year degree
The Home Finding Specialist is responsible for ensuring that there is a core group of certified professional foster and potential adoptive parents who sufficiently meet the service needs of the agency, and who can be called upon as agency needs arise. The Home Finding Specialist is also responsible for ensuring that there is an effective, timely, and responsive communication plan in place to respond to these needs. This person must have the ability to recruit, train and assess the strengths and needs of potential and existing foster/adoptive homes.
This is a full time position. Shifts are typically Monday-Friday; some Saturday hours will be required to meet program and client needs. Day, afternoon and early evening availability is required.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct ongoing recruitment for a diverse group of potential adoptive and foster parents.
- Assist in the development and implementation of initial and ongoing training of foster parents.
- Monitor foster parent attendance at training, and develop a remedial plan of action if foster parent’s attendance does not meet requirements.
- Interact with families in both individual and support group settings.
- Certifies and re-certifies parents in accordance with agency and applicable certification requirements.
- Set up respites on a daily basis and is a liaison to programs for respite foster care.
Requirements: Associates degree in Human Services or a related area of study, along with at least 1 year of home finding or relevant experience is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Applicants with experience being a foster parent or child are also preferred. Applicants must have excellent communication skills, and must be able to learn dual systems for documentation and paperwork completion. Extensive driving is required; applicants must have a valid NYS Driver’s License, their own reliable transportation and must meet agency driving and insurance standards. Mileage reimbursement is provided!
Benefits: At Hillside, you’ll have continual training opportunities, generous paid time off, nine paid holidays per year, comprehensive medical and dental coverage, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) retirement savings plan with employer match, salary continuation for non-work related illnesses/injuries, and employee assistance plan.