Human Resource Generalist 13 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
In partnership with HR Leadership, the successful candidate will provide human resource guidance to employees and supervisors while coordinating, administering and communicating assigned Hillside protocols and programs in accordance with all government regulations, plan documents policies and procedures. This position exercises independent judgment and decision making while producing and maintaining a variety of related records and reports per established protocols. while actively responds with sensitivity and appropriate sense of urgency to the needs of all employees.
- Manage and coordinate situations to support the safety of all employees, youth and families, while keeping supervisors and leaders informed as appropriate. Apply pay practices to support each case as appropriate under the various pay policies and regulations. Participate in development of protocols, processes and communication to educate, inform and care for our employees.
- Interface with management, team leaders, employees and vendors and will serve as a link between management and employees by being handling questions, interpreting, and administering HR required processes and work-related problems.
- Administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training operations, performance and talent management, recruitment/employment, onboarding, policy implementation and employment law compliance.
- Participate in surveys and benchmarking activities. Responsible for developing and maintaining thorough documented procedures. Maintain hard copy and electronic records in a well-organized, intuitive and retrievable fashion.
- This job description is not exhaustive. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
3+ years transferrable and direct Human Resources experience required, 6-8 years preferred
Bachelor’s degree required, Associates degree will be considered with 6+ years’ experience. Successful candidate will be detail oriented and must possess effective organization, time management, interpersonal and communication skills. This is an employee facing position and requires heavy employee relationship fostering.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all employment laws and practices keeping in mind funder requirements as they relate to Agency standards and policies.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of HR operational processes and HRIS functionality while maintaining employee legal and regulatory compliance.
- Developed problem solving skills using a variety of methods to solve problems; probes all sources for answers; can see hidden problems and solve with effective solutions
- This position has the ability to handle sensitive, complex, and confidential information.