Manager, Employee Relations
- Experience Level Highly Skilled
- Total Years Experience 6-10
- Education Master's Degree
Lead a team of employee relations professionals responsible for responding to concerns, workplace policies, procedures and compliance with all company and external requirements. Contribute to productivity, motivation, and morale, while instilling and maintaining our culture and values. Define and implement proactive employee relations strategies and initiatives, lead investigations, and develop rapid response plans as required. In addition, is responsible for the development, implementation and communication of human resources policies and procedures.
- Effectively handle the timely investigation and dispositioning of ER matters and provide guidance and advice to the HR community and key stakeholders on sensitive, complex scenarios.
- Lead HR Strategic Initiatives or team projects to drive improved business results through increased productivity, retention and engagement of the workforce
- Partner with Internal Audit to provide recommendations to leaders on appropriate actions and/or resolutions.
- Work with legal counsel as appropriate in policy and program development in response to federal, state and local legislative trends.
- Establish internal processes to ensure appropriate documentation standards, case assignment and capacity management, case audit and weekly ER case reporting.
- Deliver Innovative Solutions: Challenge the status quo and think outside the box to generate creative ways to scale ER programs, tools and resources that meet timelines and deliverables.
- Recruit, select, hire and evaluate performance of Employee Relations team to ensure all department objectives are being met. Coach and develop Employee Relations team for personal and corporate advancement through career development, training programs and other resources as required for professional advancement.
- Own the design, development and execution of company-wide programs such as a Multi-Tiered Employee relations functions and performance improvement center for driving performance.
- Identify evolving and unique ER challenges across the organization and utilize ER expertise to predict and mitigate risk. Develop and execute ER programs for the business. Advise, mentor and guide all levels of management around complex ER decisions. including business conduct, performance management, terminations, and HR policies.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the employee experience through process improvement and refinement of services; offer potential solutions to drive greater stakeholder satisfaction. Actively engage in change to drive successful execution.
- Drive listening strategy including focus groups, exit interviews, and engagement surveys. Develop an understanding of the voice/pulse of our workforce. Combine data and anecdotes to develop perspective. Ensure perspective is at the forefront of proposed solutions.
- Challenge the status quo and think outside the box to generate creative ways to scale ER programs, tools and resources that meet timelines and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Required
- Master’s Degree – Preferred
- 3 years of experience in leading multi-tiered Employee Relations.
- 10+ years of experience in Human Resources.
- 5 years of experience in Management experience.
- PHR/SPHR certification – Preferred
- GPHR – Preferred