- Salary Offer $26.44/hr. - $31.25/hr.
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 4-year degree
JOB SUMMARY: The Recruiter serves as an integral member of the People Department by sourcing, recruiting, screening, and interviewing candidates to meet the company’s staffing and operational needs. This is a hybrid position working out of Rochester, NY (after training period).
WAGE: $26.44/hr. – $31.25/hr. (depending on experience)
- Staying Healthy: Medical, Dental (currently free) and Vision (currently free), Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Feeling Secure: Disability Insurance, Pension Plan, NY State Deferred Compensation Plan, Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, Accident Insurance, Group Specified Disease Insurance and Hospital Insurance
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO: 17 days upon hire; accrue additional time after 1 year), Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays, Verizon Wireless Discount, On-site Fitness Center open 24/7, Employee Wellness Program, Culture & Inclusion Council, BJ’s Wholesale Club Discount, and more!
REPORTS TO: Manager of Recruitment
- Sources and attracts candidates by using ATS, databases, social media, etc.
- Screens and processes resumes and applications and presents candidates whose values are in line with the organization’s overall goals and needs.
- Verifies employment eligibility, gathers necessary paperwork, and performs background and education checks, license verifications.
- Informs candidates of job duties, responsibilities, work schedules, compensation and benefits packages, and career advancement opportunities.
- Conducts initial phone screens and schedules in-person interviews with hiring managers/interview panels.
- Prepares interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Prepares and extends job offers.
- Notifies applicants of rejection; sends rescinded offer letters.
- Utilizes the applicant tracking system and ensures all candidates are logged accurately.
- Responds to employment inquiries from both internal and external customers.
- Assists with composing and posting internal/external job opportunities and advertisements.
- Develops and updates job descriptions and job specifications.
- Organizes, coordinates, and participates in outside recruitment efforts including job fairs and other recruitment events.
- Schedules and coordinates new hire onboarding and orientation schedules.
- Prepares appropriate documentation for employment changes such as promotions, title changes, pay changes, terminations, etc. and implements those changes into the HCM system.
- Initiates and processes OPWDD pre-employment paperwork and stays current in OPWDD regulations/practices.
- Stays abreast of recruiting trends and best practices.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Other duties as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- At least 4 years of proven work experience as a Recruiter.
- Experience with managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews (structured, competency-based, etc.)
- Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), and Candidate Management Systems (CMS).
- Hands-on experience with recruiting software, as well as Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), or Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS). Experience using UKG (UltiPro) a plus!
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Advanced computer and writing skills are required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit while using hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk, hear, and use a computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.