Assistant Residence Manager 118 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education Some College
Residential Programs hours vary and are flexible enough to meet your schedule!
Lifetime Assistance Inc. has been supporting persons with developmental disabilities and their families since 1978 and with over 1500 people at over 60 different locations needing assistance daily, chances are we have the right career for you!
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities. This is why the role of Assistant Residence Manager is so important. In this role you’ll be joining the ranks of the many compassionate and caring individuals who provide daily support, assistance, and companionship to those right here in our community.
What would I be doing?
- Assists the Residence Manager in providing for the supervision, assistance, and training of all staff and individuals living in the home.
- Provides training and supervision in activities of daily living including: self-help, communication, interpersonal relations and leisure activities.
- Fulfills all advocate responsibilities as assigned. Communicates with family, guardian, and/or correspondents and advocates for individuals in absence of same.
- Administers, supervises and/or monitors administration of medications and medical treatment as prescribed by a Physician.
- Observes and documents individual’s performance and behaviors to facilitate assessment and development of service goals.
- While performing the duties of this job, in order to instruct, care for, and assist the individuals we support, the employee is frequently required to: stand, bend, kneel, walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects or equipment; reach with hands and arms; communicate and see. The employee is also occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift, transfer, and/or move up to 35 pounds.Assistant Residence Managers may be required to go to different locations depending on the needs of the agency.Required to successfully learn and implement preventative strategies as required by OPWDD including but not limited to OPWDD S.C.I.P. Level 1, S.C.I.P.-R. Level II or PROMOTE competencies based on the needs of the individuals the employee is supporting (not applicable to In Home Supports, Community Hab or Relief)
What experience do I need for a Assistant Residence Manager role?
- We look for caring, compassionate, and dedicated people.
- One year of experience in providing care to individuals with developmental disabilities or direct care in a related field is preferred.
AWESOME work, AWESOME(ER) benefits!
- Affordable medical and dental plans as well as a standalone vision plan!
- 288 hours of paid time off within your first year! (36 days)!
- Tuition reimbursement!
- Tremendous internal growth opportunities!
- Work life balance!
- A retirement plan to include BOTH a defined contribution plan (401(a)) (agency funded) and a 403(b) retirement savings plan!
- A $500 dollar referral bonus! Because we want other compassionate and caring individuals just like you!
Is there anything else I need to know?
- Standard background checks do apply (To include but not limited to: Fingerprinting/criminal history record check, NYS Child Abuse Registry, OPWDD Staff Exclusion List, Mental Health Law 16.34, and Medicaid exclusions lists)
- Candidates must also meet LAI’s Vehicle Operator Requirements, be able to transfer and move up to 50 lbs., have a reliable means of transportation, a sense of humor, and the ability to have fun!
Lifetime Assistance Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.