Family Access & Connection Team (FACT) Facilitator 120 views
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 4-year degree
ABOUT THE POSITION: The Family Access and Connection Team is Monroe County’s integrated entry point to care for our community’s highest needs/highest risk children and youth, incorporating the Monroe County Office of Mental Health, Office of Probation – Community Corrections and Department of Human Services. The primary goal of the Family Access and Connection Team is to provide short term strength-based assessments and make referrals to service providers without the need for Family Court involvement. The facilitator position involves social casework responsibilities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manages a caseload consisting of children and families active with the Family Access and Connection Team
- Conducts strength-based and cross system assessments on all assigned youth and families.
- Responds to crisis by phone or in person by creating a crisis plan with the youth and family and accessing emergency services if necessary.
- Convenes and facilitates Family meetings to begin to create an individualized plan of care that is based on a family’s strengths and needs and maximizes the use of informal supports and uses services only when necessary.
- Builds effective linkages and relationships with informal and community supports, child and family serving systems, schools and other formal supports.
- Provides casework services to the youth and their family to stabilize the family unit and link to appropriate supports and services.
- Makes recommendations to families for programs, services, etc. and completes referrals per family’s request.
- Completes all of the systems requirements of Monroe County Office of Mental Health, Office of Probation – Community Corrections and Department of Human Services.
- Provides coverage for intake line and walk-in response for families initiating contact with FACT on a rotating basis.
- Other activities as assigned by the FACT supervisory team.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: To be successful in this position, you will need to be competent in:
- Communication skills; both verbal and written
- Building collaborative relationships
- Valuing diversity and fostering an inclusive environment
- Striving for self-development and taking initiative to be resourceful
- Problem-solving both independently and with others
- Knowledge about the Division of Human Services, Office of Probation-Community Corrections and Office of Mental Health preferred
- Ability to work with families positively and productively and use strategies outside the parameters of standard service delivery
- Strong telephone skills including clarity and engagement
- Ability to be flexible, organized, and work independently, yet be amenable to supervision
- Bi-lingual Spanish / English candidates encouraged to apply
- CASAC Certified encouraged to apply
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent education and work experience (see CCSI’s equivalency chart).
- Experience and interest in working with children and families.
- Valid Class D New York State Driver License and access to motor vehicle to meet transportation requirements of position.
- Satisfactory completion of required background screenings: Criminal, Drug, State Central Registry, Driving, Education.
- CCSI requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals with a qualified religious or medical/disability need.
- Respect the confidential nature of all CCSI and CCSI customer information you are exposed to in the course of your work performance. Staff working directly with protected health information /electronically stored protected health information, personally identifiable information, and other patient/consumer/customer data, will abide by the specific procedures and policies outlined by CCSI’s Code of Conduct and CCSI’s Privacy and Security Policies, Monroe County policies, New York State regulations and Federal regulations.
Operating Principles and Demonstrated Behaviors:
Ability to demonstrate, understand and apply our workplace values through behaviors and actions. These operating principles are expected of all employees in all roles. All applicants (internal and external) must evidence their attitudes/behaviors as part of the application process:
- Excellence in Customer Service
- Honoring People and Their Work
- Individualized Work/Life Integration
- Community Connectedness
- Diversity & Inclusion