- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education NONE
The Van Driver is responsible for transporting individuals enrolled in the Urban League of Rochester’s programs. The van driver will work closely with program manager and work in the mornings from 7am -9:30am and 1:45pm – 4:00pm. The van driver will also be needed to work full days for special activities as scheduled by program manager.
1. Transport participants and staff to and from program sessions and events as needed.
2. Operate the van according to all established laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
3. Maintain regular and effective communication with program staff in regard to any concerns or issues.
4. Keep van clean and in good operating condition.
5. Be willing to occasionally come in on off-hours and weekends.
6. Provide a positive work atmosphere and be customer service oriented.
7. Carries out the policies, procedures and responsibilities of the individuals and maintain a safe environment.
8. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Division Manager.
9. Attend/support Urban League of Rochester events and fundraising functions.
· High School Diploma required
· Valid New York State driver’s license with a clean abstract required; professional driving experience preferred
· Valid New York State approved defensive driving course completed upon hire
· Ability to work independently and in a professional manner
· Conscientious and detail oriented in work performed
· Ability to work a flexible schedule and be available past 5 p.m. on weekdays and on Saturdays
· Ability to relate, communicate, and work with a diverse population and understand the issues relevant to such population;
· Ability to tolerate and handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner
· Ability to function effectively as part of a team
· Must be customer service oriented
· Demonstrate problem solving and responsible decision making skills
· Access to reliable transportation