Direct Support Professional – Day Services – Positions available in various locations 64 views1 application
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 0-12 months
- Education High School Diploma or GED
What would I be doing?
- Interacting in the community you live in while you serve it.
- Assisting people with disabilities by helping them with all aspects of everyday living.
- Teaching others life lessons through compassionate and caring acts.
- Being a champion for good in your community by partnering with others.
- Smile, laugh, and be a positive role model to the people you assist, work with, and interact with in the community.
- While performing the duties of this job, in order to instruct, care for, and assist the people we support, the employee is frequently required to: stand, bend, kneel, walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects or equipment; reach with hands and arms; communicate and see. The employee is also occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift, transfer, and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Direct Support Professionals may be required to go to different locations depending on the needs of the agency.
Required to successfully learn and implement preventative strategies as required by OPWDD including but not limited to OPWDD S.C.I.P. Level 1, S.C.I.P.-R. Level II or PROMOTE competencies based on the needs of the individuals the employee is supporting (not applicable to In Home Supports, Community Hab or Relief)
What experience do I need for a Direct Support role?
- We look for caring, compassionate, and dedicated people who are willing to learn.
- Six months experience in providing care to people with development disabilities or direct support in related field is preferred.
Is there anything else I need to know?
- Standard background checks do apply (To include but not limited to: Fingerprinting/criminal history record check, NYS Child Abuse Registry, OPWDD Staff Exclusion List, Mental Health Law 16.34, and Medicaid exclusions lists)
- Candidates must also meet LAI’s Vehicle Operator Requirements, be able to transfer and move up to 50 lbs., have a reliable means of transportation, a sense of humor, and the ability to have fun!