Direct Support Professional – Day Services (Brockport) 223 views1 application
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma or GED
AWESOME work, AWESOME(ER) benefits!
- Affordable medical and dental plans as well as a standalone vision plan!
- 288 hours of paid time off within your first year! (36 days)!
- Tuition reimbursement!
- Tremendous internal growth opportunities!
- Work life balance!
- A retirement plan to include BOTH a defined contribution plan (401(a)) (agency funded) and a 403(b) retirement savings plan!
- A $500 dollar referral bonus! Because we want other compassionate and caring individuals just like you!
What would I be doing?
- Interacting in the community you live in while you serve it.
- Assisting people with disabilities by helping them with all aspects of everyday living.
- Teaching others life lessons through compassionate and caring acts.
- Being a champion for good in your community by partnering with others.
- Smile, laugh, and be a positive role model to the people you assist, work with, and interact with in the community.
- While performing the duties of this job, in order to instruct, care for, and assist the people we support, the employee is frequently required to: stand, bend, kneel, walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects or equipment; reach with hands and arms; communicate and see. The employee is also occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift, transfer, and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Direct Support Professionals may be required to go to different locations depending on the needs of the agency.
- Required to successfully learn and implement preventative strategies as required by OPWDD including but not limited to OPWDD S.C.I.P. Level 1, S.C.I.P.-R. Level II or PROMOTE competencies based on the needs of the individuals the employee is supporting (not applicable to In Home Supports, Community Hab or Relief)
What experience do I need for a Direct Support role?
- We look for caring, compassionate, and dedicated people who are willing to learn.
- Six months experience in providing care to people with development disabilities or direct support in related field is preferred.
Is there anything else I need to know?
- Standard background checks do apply (To include but not limited to: Fingerprinting/criminal history record check, NYS Child Abuse Registry, OPWDD Staff Exclusion List, Mental Health Law 16.34, and Medicaid exclusions lists)
- Candidates must also meet LAI’s Vehicle Operator Requirements, be able to transfer and move up to 50 lbs., have a reliable means of transportation, a sense of humor, and the ability to have fun!