Direct Support Specialist 271 views4 applications
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education NONE
Urban League of Rochester is looking for dedicated individuals that want to make a difference in another person’s daily activities with Developmental Disabilities. FULL TIME/PART TIME available: Full time is 30+ hours, Part-time is equal to 20 hours with a minimum of 17.5 billable client service hours in specific programs.
1. Assist in evaluating present skills of a developmentally disabled resident
2. Assist in writing personal goals and objectives in an Individual Program Plan
3. Provide each developmentally disabled resident with training and supervision in the following appropriate areas: daily living skills, budgeting, and money management, meal planning and preparation, shopping for groceries and other items, housekeeping, leisure time activities, appearance and personal hygiene, travel training, interpersonal and communication skills
4. Keep written documentation of each resident’s progress through daily progress notes
5. Assist with the maintenance, safety, and security of the facility
6. Assist residents in obtaining recommended services by making referrals, coordinating services with other agencies, and helping make transportation arrangements
7. Complete other duties as assigned by the Residence Manager/Case Manager and the Administrative Coordinator
8. Perform such duties as the supervisor may assign
9. Attend/support Urban League of Rochester events and fundraising functions, specifically ULR Membership Drive and United Way Campaign
- Associate’s degree preferred High School diploma or GED considered with equivalent experience
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Preference will be given to those with relevant education and/or experience with developmental disabilities. Knowledge of good daily living skills.
- Must have own transportation available daily and a clean driving record.
- Ability to relate to and empathize with the Urban League of Rochester clients and issues relating to clients
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Urban League of Rochester is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, ability, age, or veteran status.