HVAC Service Engineer, Facilities – Provisional 57 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level All, Some Experience, Mid-Level, Highly Skilled
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education Certification
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Employees of this class are distinguished from Assistant Stationary Engineers by virtue of the expanded scope of work with emphasis on major repairs, installations and service versus the routine operations and minor repairs assigned to the Assistant Stationary Engineers. The work is performed under general supervision of the general supervision of a Lead HVAC Service Engineer or other higher level staff member.
- Installs, maintains and repairs heating, refrigeration, and ventilation equipment including cooling towers, blowers, chillers, motors, compressors, direct digital controls and pumps;
- Performs preventative maintenance to HVAC equipment by changing oil, filters, belts, bearings, etc.;
- Must currently hold the Monroe County Civil Service title of HVAC Service Engineer or be reachable on the Civil Service Eligibility list titled HVAC Service Engineer or if hired Provisionally must meet the following minimum qualifications: Three years paid fulltime or its part time equivalent experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of HVAC systems found in commercial or public buildings which must include at least one year paid full time or its part time equivalent experience in heating, and in the installation, maintenance and repair of refrigeration equipment; OR B) Graduation form a regionally accredited or NY State registered college or university with an Associate’s degree or Certificate in HVAC plus one year paid fulltime or its part time equivalent experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of HVAC systems found in commercial or public buildings which must include at least one year paid fulltime or its part time equivalent experience in heating, and in the installation, maintenance and repair of refrigeration equipment; OR C) An equivalent combination of education and experience defined by the limits of A) and B) above.*Minor repair and preventive maintenance tasks such as changing filters and belts and lubrication of HVAC and refrigeration equipment will Not be considered as qualifying experience.
- Special Requirements: Possession of a Universal Refrigerant Transition and recovery Certificate issued by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) or (EPA) approved certifying organization.*
- Possession of a valid license to operate a vehicle in NYS.
- Must meet MCC driving requirement.
- Must be a Monroe County Resident.