Network & Telecommunications Administrator 60 views
- Salary Offer $80,000 - $90,000
- Experience Level Highly Skilled
- Total Years Experience 6-10
- Education Some College
Regional Transit Service (RTS) is a regional transit authority established by New York State with more than 1,000 employees who proudly serve customers and business partners in Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, and Wyoming counties. Recognized as one of the best-run transit systems in the nation, RTS partners with the community it serves to provide vital, safe, and sustainable transportation services to nearly 8 million people each year. We carry out our mission by connecting our customers to jobs, school, healthcare, shopping, and recreational activities every day.
The Network and Telecommunications Administrator is responsible for planning and maintaining an operational state of data network, which includes checking link usage, configuring switch ports, maintaining firewall access lists, reviewing & analyzing logs, configuring wireless infrastructure, and planning and maintaining an operational state of IP telephone system.
SALARY: $80,000-$90,000 annually (depending on experience)
- Staying Healthy: Medical, Dental (currently free) and Vision (currently free), Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Feeling Secure: Disability Insurance, Pension Plan, NY State Deferred Compensation Plan, Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, Accident Insurance, Group Specified Disease Insurance and Hospital Insurance
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO: 17 days upon hire; accrue additional time after 1 year), Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays, Verizon Wireless Discount, On-site Fitness Center open 24/7, Employee Wellness Program, Culture & Inclusion Council, BJ’s Wholesale Club Discount, and more!
- Analyze firewall, IDS & IPS logs for traffic meeting a certain criterion.
- Analyze debug messages by running debug commands on firewall to troubleshoot connectivity or VPN issues.
- Configure switches to accommodate employee and contractors moves.
- Analyze network efficiency to make routing improvements
- Configure and administer Cisco Call Manager to add new phones and implement employee changes.
- Modify & Configure Cisco Finesse platform supporting Customer Service Call Center.
- Assess wireless performance using Cisco Prime to review historical logs and real time access point registration.
- Analyze debug messages by running debug commands on Voice Gateway.
- Act as liaison to utility providers to support external connectivity.
- Patch in network drops for endpoint devices, IP cameras or new devices on main campus
- Review requirements for projects and make technical decisions.
- Plan and implement data networks supporting multi-site organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- At least six (4) years of experience working in information technology or related field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- CCNA Certification or Equivalent Preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform difficult work on highly complex or involved projects requiring significant judgment, initiative, creativity and the ability to deal with complex factors and making of decisions based on conclusions for which there is little precedent.
- Ability to work within defined objectives and broad and varying policies, procedures, rules or precedents. Plans and arranges own work while the supervisor provides some functional guidance. Details of accomplishing the objective are left to the position. Unusual situations are referred to supervision.
- Ability to troubleshoot diagnose and repair telecommunication cabling.
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco Switches, Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers, and Cisco Routers and intermediate knowledge of Cisco ASA Firewall, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity Voicemail Server, Redbox Recording Server.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to understand and support business needs.
- Ability to research and resolve technical problems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to engineer technical solutions for new projects.
- Ability to stay abreast of emerging technologies in Information Technology and present those technologies for business use.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit while using hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk, hear, see, and use a computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, climb or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may occasionally be required to travel commercially.
This position is eligible to participate in a hybrid work model. Hybrid work is a flexible working model where employees work partly in the office and partly remote from an approved location. All employees must adhere to the Company Telecommuting Policy & Agreement if they choose to participate in the hybrid work model.
Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority (RGRTA) has a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees in accordance with state and federal law. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment in accordance with the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
RGRTA is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. RGRTA will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Pursuant to Federal Transit Administration regulations, all applicants for employment in safety-sensitive positions must be given a pre-employment drug test. An applicant may not be assigned safety-sensitive functions unless the individual has a verified negative test result. RTS is required by law to test for various substances, including cocaine, amphetamines, opioids, PCP and marijuana metabolites. Please be advised that marijuana stays in the system for an extended period of time, sometimes more than 30 days, and can cause a positive test result long after use.