HRIS / HCM Analyst – UKG
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
Regional Transit Service (RTS) is a regional transit authority established by New York State with more than 1,000 employees who proudly serve customers and business partners in Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, and Wyoming counties. Recognized as one of the best-run transit systems in the nation, RTS partners with the community it serves to provide vital, safe, and sustainable transportation services to nearly 8 million people each year. We carry out our mission by connecting our customers to jobs, school, healthcare, shopping, and recreational activities every day.
JOB SUMMARY: RGRTA is looking for a technically minded and outgoing Human Capital Management Analyst to provide technical support and oversight to the HCM functions, configuration, upgrades, workflows and changes in regard to the HR data. This system is delivered via UKG. The individual will provide collaboration with end users and provides technical support for UKG. Serves as a point-of-contact for assigned functional areas and assists with ensuring system integrity, testing, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
This is a hybrid position working out of Rochester, NY.
SALARY: $70,000 – $80,000 annually (depending on experience)
REPORTS TO: Director of Technology & Innovation
- Staying Healthy: Medical, Dental (currently free) and Vision (currently free), Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Feeling Secure: Disability Insurance, Pension Plan, NY State Deferred Compensation Plan, Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, Accident Insurance, Group Specified Disease Insurance and Hospital Insurance
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO: 17 days upon hire; accrue additional time after 1 year), Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays, Verizon Wireless Discount, On-site Fitness Center open 24/7, Employee Wellness Program, Culture & Inclusion Council, BJ’s Wholesale Club Discount, and more!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as the system administrator for the UKG Pro and UKG Dimensions used across our organization. (Go-live scheduled for October 2023.)
- Create, process, and troubleshoot errors for data interface to/from UKG to/from other vendors, such as benefits providers, talent acquisition, internal systems, etc.
- Work with internal, and/or vendor resources to update UKG configurations and/or interfaces based on changes needed to support business decisions, such as vendor changes, policy changes, and mergers & acquisitions.
- Work with internal teams to improve existing processes regarding data entry & data integrity.
- Create & maintain dashboards, reports, and analytics to support data-driven people decisions for business and HR leaders.
- Maintain & enhance system expertise by attending training, reviewing updates, and staying current with UKG and data analytics trends.
- Maintain user guides & training materials for systems.
- Perform routine tasks in support of the team.
- Review/audit data entry for accuracy.
- Diagnose and assign/resolve issues originating from end-users, business process events, etc.
- Troubleshoot system errors and issues as they arise and assess options for resolution; provide support to end-users.
- Escalate issues and work through support cases to determine possible solution.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Be the system champion for the organization.
- Manage monitoring and alerting systems specific to the UKG platform.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Education and Training: Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Management Information Systems or business-related field, or 3+ years related experience, or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience: A minimum of two years’ experience using and managing UKG Pro and Dimensions including data analysis and configuration.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform difficult work on highly complex or involved projects requiring significant judgment, initiative, creativity and the ability to deal with complex factors and making of decisions based on conclusions for which there is little precedent.
- Ability to work within defined objectives and broad and varying policies, procedures, rules or precedents. Plans and arranges own work while the supervisor provides some functional guidance. Details of accomplishing the objective are left to the position. Unusual situations are referred to supervision.
- Ability to anticipate downstream consequences of system configuration changes amongst the various UKG systems and processes.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit while using hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk, hear, see, and use a computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee may occasionally be required to travel commercially.