Multispecialty Pro Fee Medical Coders-Remote
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
Have you kept up with the changes in medical coding, physician practices, and the healthcare industry in general? Are you proficient with ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS coding systems? Can you be efficient and effective while working from home?
We’re Sutherland, and we’ve contracted with some of the country’s largest healthcare systems and physician practices to help support their coding organizations in a new way. To help us in these efforts, we’re looking for Multispecialty Pro Fee Medical Coders to join us on a work from home, full-time basis.
In this position, you will review clinical documentation and diagnostic results to extract data and apply appropriate ICD-10 Diagnosis codes, along with CPT/HCPCS codes for payment. In addition, you may be involved in reviewing coding-related denials from payors and making recommendations to resolve claims based on payer guidelines.
These are full-time, work from home positions that require a safe, secure, distraction-free work environment and excellent, stable, internet connectivity. In return, you’ll also enjoy:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous PTO; medical, dental, and vision benefits, EAP – and 401K
- Health and wellness programs including regular virtual sessions with Sutherland’s very own personal trainer
- Advancement and cross-training opportunities
- CCS-P and/or CPC certification is essential along with a thorough working knowledge of ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS coding systems and modifier usage
- 3-5 years of professional coding experience required; preferably with 2 years of outpatient coding experience and a background coding for multi-specialty practices
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology and medical abbreviations and the ability to read text for long periods of time from printed materials / computer are also required.
As a digital transformation company, Sutherland rethinks and rebuilds processes for the digital age by combining the speed and insight of design thinking with the scale and accuracy of data analytics. We have been helping customers globally, across industries from financial services to healthcare, achieve greater agility through transformed and automated customer experiences for over 35 years.
EEOC and Veteran Documentation
During employment, employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status.
At times, government agencies require periodic reports from employers on the sex, ethnicity, handicap, veteran and other protected status of employees. The purpose of this Administrative EEO Record is for statistical analysis only and is used to comply with government record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements. Periodic reports are made to the government on the following information. The completion of the Administrative EEO record is optional. If you choose to volunteer the requested information, please note that all
Administrative EEO Records are kept in a Confidential File and are not part of your Application for Employment or Personnel file.
Please note: YOUR COOPERATION IS VOLUNTARY. INCLUSION OR EXCLUSION OF ANY DATA WILL NOT AFFECT ANY EMPLOYMENT DECISION.