Systems Engineer 27 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
Want to be a part of a team at a four-billion-dollar company driving change and setting the foundation for bleeding edge technologies? We’re looking for a proven Systems Engineer to bring their experience, and desire for a well-grounded IT culture, to help develop and grow our platform solutions. In this role, you’ll be working with complex technologies and using your skills to deliver creative solutions for our customers. You will be inspired daily with plenty of opportunity to grow and innovate. We are committed to our employees and their growth by providing established development paths, whether it be in a formal leadership or technical position, using Paychex’s top ranked learning and development programs. Cultivating our IT culture is of the utmost importance to us and it’s something we are very proud of. We know you have a life outside of Paychex, which is why we’re committed to providing a flexible responsive workplace that enables all employees to find harmony between work and their family/personal responsibilities.
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrate your experience in compute, virtualization (VMware ESX), PaaS (Redhat OpenShift) and enterprise storage technologies
- Demonstrate your experience installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting server hardware, operating systems, and applications in support of business requirements
- Demonstrate your enthusiasm about finding solutions to complex issues utilizing technologies like Git, Artifactory, Puppet, Ansible, and many more
- Look for opportunities to develop automation to simplify repeatable tasks using a variety of coding and scripting languages
- Actively participate in the creation of corporate standards, best practices, and roadmaps for IT systems and technologies
- Collaborate with an experienced, supportive team of engineers to determine the best path forward for all stakeholders
- Be part of open discussions and be willing to ask questions to achieve a better understanding to help solve problems
What you’ll gain:
- Experience supporting best in class products that our customers rely on for their critical business needs. In everything we do, we strive to provide a world class customer and user experience
- Working in an environment focused on continuous improvement of our resiliency, performance, quality, and security in our products
- The opportunity to investigate new technologies and patterns for use
- A collaborative environment where you’ll partner with development, operations, and engineering teams
- A supportive environment driven by a strong culture and values. When you grow, we grow and vice versa. Investment in our employee’s individual career goals is critical to our success.
- Degree in Computer related discipline and/or an IT certification in an applicable field – Preferred
- 4 years of experience in Infrastructure administration or support role. Applicant should have experience in IT systems administration and process management.