Infrastructure Solutions Lead 10 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level All, Highly Skilled, Managerial
- Total Years Experience 11-20
- Education 4-year degree
In this senior technical role, the Infrastructure Solutions Lead will not only have broad responsibility for the delivery of projects that build and enhance software-as-a-service platform, but also play a foundational role in determining how those solutions will be built, brought to market, and managed for maximum performance and availability. This position will provide expertise for delivering web applications (all tiers) and backend infrastructure at large scale, and have the ability to context switch and work at the strategic, architectural, and operational levels. This position will be a key leader and advocate towards the goal of having tools and automation for whole end-to-end operation.Infrastructure Solutions Leads play an important role in ensuring that the solution architecture aligns with the roadmaps established by the enterprise architecture, and that it adheres to the enterprise architecture principles. This position will serve as both a consumer and contributor to enterprise architecture collateral. An Infrastructure Solution Lead in Information Technology is a practitioner of enterprise architecture. Typically a member of an Infrastructure Delivery team, the solutions lead is responsible for translating the requirements, sprint plan and development design into the platform architecture and leading their delivery team in the build, documentation and implementation of that solution following the companies continuous delivery principles. This position serves as the single point of contact for the software agile teams they support in identifying the development teams infrastructure requirements, challenges with environment availability and providing guidance of how to develop software to take advantage of infrastructure components to drive availability, resiliency, performance and scalability.
- Responsible for engagement with Development, Architecture and Performance Engineering to design solutions that deliver on Operability, Release and Configuration Management, Infrastructure and Application capacity management and provisioning.
- Leveraging guidance from Performance Engineering and Architecture design, measures, optimizes, and tunes system performance and ensures that systems will run reliably, highly performant and highly available by focusing on reliability, resiliency, scalability in a 24/7 production environment, as well as in a development stack.
- In partnership with Development and Infrastructure teams understands and takes responsibilities for all operational workflows and operating procedures, down to a granular, detailed level.
- Acts as the single point of contact for development agile teams to identify infrastructure requirements, handles environment break-fix coordination with delivery team, and drives continual improvement of infrastructure availability, resiliency and scalability to enable development success and productivity.
- Learns new third-party software, hardware, and other solutions quickly and integrate them within our platform and other deliverables.
- Engages with technology teams across Paychex to share best practices and leverage Paychex tools, codes and infrastructure for re-use as effectively as possible in support of the engineering portfolio.
- Proactively identifies, manages and mitigates risks within an IT project by working closely with your partners within Development, IT Infrastructure and the business.
- Creates, maintains, and documents tools and automation for handling system state and operations across a complex global infrastructure.
- Designs tools, run-books, and provides training for operations staff responsible for providing 24*7 site up services for the application portfolio.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, System and Software Development or related discipline
- Experience in a lead role in driving cross-functional engineering teams from analysis through solution and developing junior level staff. Experience with Unix and Windows operating systems, including the ability to performance tune the OS and applications suites. Demonstrated experience in quickly assessing architectures to understand implementation design and usage patterns for improvement opportunity. Demonstrated experience and current working knowledge of developing software and/or designing systems. .
- 10+ years of experience in Systems or software development experience in designing, building and deploying highly scalable enterprise systems.