Lead Hospital Trainer (LVT, ACA and/or CSR) 28 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level All, Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education Specialized License
Lead Hospital Trainer (LVT, ACA and/or CSR)
Schedule: Monday – Friday Full-time days. Saturday and evening support required on occasion. The schedule will be determined in advance to the extent possible but requires flexibility and the ability to adapt to different environments.
Upholds the MVA values of Trust, Compassion, Quality, Education, Honesty and Teamwork.
Creates content for learning initiatives that align with and support MVA’s vision, mission and values.
Provides training to MVA hospital teams to build consistency and compliance within various job functions in order to achieve hospital goals.
Applies emerging knowledge on training trends, methodology and industry changes to stay on the leading edge of role.
Identifies and captures best practices throughout MVA general practices.
· Facilitates and manages the implementation of all training initiatives in process improvement implementation initiatives.
· Assists in developing process for mass implementation review and/or pilot.
Collaborates with and provides direction and support to Hospital Trainer I. Directs workflow of hospital trainers to ensure schedule is meeting the needs of the hospitals.
Supports the training of licensed and non-licensed new hires and existing team members.
· Independently works with each hospital and their licensed and/or non-licensed new hires (supervisors and directors as
1) Performs one on one training, flexing schedule as needed.
2) Develops and designs Continuous Education training materials and Written processes and delivers centralized
3) Obtain hospital feedback and leverage hospital learning preferences.
· Utilizes ACA/CSR training manual to provide training within each hiring hospital.
1) Responsible for facilitating and identifying proper revisions to training of training manuals annually.
2) Facilitates feedback to ensure training tools are up to date and comprehensive.
· Reflects professional role model for all staff members in day to day interactions with new hires and existing staff.
· Provides a positive, multi-sensory learning approach for new hires to increase their knowledge base and adhere to
· Provides constructive feedback post training to immediate supervisor and/or director.
· Maintains regular and reliable attendance to function as a trainer.
Provides training for all licensed and/or non-licensed new hires in the basics of practice management software.
Effectively teaches excellent customer service skills.
Lead/Participates in CSR, ACA, LVT and Kennel committee to formulate and update MVA Training Maunals.
· Identify MVA standards for kennel regarding cleaning, leashes, customer service, and restraint.
Professional attire along with training uniform/scrubs/non-skid, closed toe shoes when necessary.
Licensed Veterinary Technician with two years of successful performance in an LVT, ACA, CSR or other related role and experience in delivering, supervising or supporting training.
Word Processing skills (formatting and design), and experience with practice management software.
Ability to manage time, drive, and manage change, excellent communication, presentation, facilitation, coaching, observational skills. Strong planning, organizing skills. Ability to work independently with a wide range of personalities and position levels and take direction as part of a team. Experience and/or knowledge of veterinary industry.
Animal bites/scratches. Exposure to animal bodily fluids, zoonotic diseases as well as high levels of noise, sterilization chemicals, insecticides and pharmaceutical waste are possible.
Heavy lifting (50+lbs) pushing, reaching, restraining large and small dogs and cats, standing, walking, stooping and bending.