Licensed Practical Nurse I 12 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education Specialized License
This position is weekends, Friday-Sunday, 16-24 hours. Mix of days and evenings.
The LPN is responsible for the delivery of health care services to children/youth in the residential or school setting under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
Essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Completes documentation, progress notes clearly, accurately, and timely meeting professional and agency standards.
- Observes, measures, records, documents, and reports data on children with illness, injury, or medical/psychological concerns to the RN and other members of the clinical team in order for interventions to be planned.
- Administers medications safely and accurately and per medication policy. Reports any unusual responses to a medication to the RN immediately.
- May obtain heights, weights, and vital sign checks as well as other tasks as directed by the RN (ex.: EKG). Maintains the written record and reports any significant changes or deviations from the norm to the supervising RN.
- Orders and maintains inventory of all stock medications and medical supplies.
- Administers basic first aid in emergency situations.
- Attends and participates in all staff meetings.
- Is able to assist in transport of client to necessary scheduled medical appointments
- Has the ability to navigate current Microsoft and Excel programs and provide data entry.
High School diploma or GED and LPN license from an accredited program are required. Applicants must have a minimum of 1 year of experience. Prior experience with children/youth is preferred. Candidates should have a valid driver’s license and meet agency driving standards.