LPN Per Diem 11 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education Specialized License
JOB PURPOSE: The role of the Licensed Practical Nurse is to work as a member of the primary health care team in a supportive capacity to the Physician and Clinical care team.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential functions):
1. Gathers data on patients’ primary problems in order to do basic preparation of the patient for exam by the provider, by anticipating the need for required supplies and equipment.
2. Administers medication including injections and performs various procedures, in conjunction with patient’s visit, as prescribed by the physician or nurse practitioner.
3. Provide for patient education to clients.
4. Reviews medical records for completeness of data prior to the visit by scanning the last note written by the provider and being sure lab data or other information is contained within or has been returned for the present visit.
5. Reports to the provider any significant social or other data obtained during conversation with patient or his/her family and actively participates in identification and determinations of conditions essential to providing high quality care to clients/patients and their families.
6. Assists with patient intake by obtaining vital signs and performing appropriate screening tests (i.e. urinalysis) and documents results in chart utilizing the appropriate standardized sheets.
7. Responsible for completing the paperwork to transport to the laboratory any specimens obtained during the clinical sessions.
8. Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
9. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
10. Effectively uses technology and office resource tools to accomplish job.
11. Reliable attendance in order to be present to maintain effective relationships and keep up with position responsibilities.
12. Performs related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Accredited LPN program
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS: Current New York State LPN license without and negative actions and certification to administer medication, CPR certification, Infection Control Certificate, Medication Exam
SPECIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: Ability to use the nursing process, as evidenced by physical and psychosocial assessment skill, interviewing techniques, communication and interpersonal skills, problem solving and clinical judgment.