Maintenance Technician 20 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education High School Diploma
We are hiring for a full time (40 hours) General Maintenance Technicians at our Romulus, NY location (Varick Campus). This person will also support our Auburn, NY location occasionally. Hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30am – 5:00pm with required rotational on call availability.
Under the general supervision of the Facilities Manager, the General Maintenance Technician II performs all duties of a facilities person as well as additional duties requiring technical/mechanical skills in order to improve and maintain the physical plant.
The General Maintenance Technician II responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoots and repairs buildings, including but not limited to walls/ceilings/floors/ windows, doors/plumbing
- Renders service to facility as needed during off hours, weekends and Holiday’s based per an “On Call” schedule
- Follows up on emergency calls with permanent solutions as needed.
- Assists property manager as needed including assuming leadership responsibilities in his/her absence
- Assists Property Manager with E.O.C. and Fire safety inspections
Requirements: High school diploma/GED and 4 years of facilities experience, including electrical and HVAC, is required. Candidates with additional technical or mechanical training are preferred. Candidates must have a valid NYS Driver’s License and must be able to meet agency driving and insurance standards.
Benefits: At Hillside, you’ll have continual training opportunities, generous paid time off, nine paid holidays per year, comprehensive medical and dental coverage, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) retirement savings plan with employer match, salary continuation for non-work related illnesses/injuries, and employee assistance plan.