Facilities Maintenance Mechanic
- Salary Offer $21 – 32 / hour
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education High School Diploma or GED
What will I do?
- Repair and troubleshoot production equipment in our facilities, for both emergency and non-emergency situations
- Perform preventative maintenance on production equipment
- Work effectively with a team, assisting other personnel as necessary to ensure all tasks are completed safely and in a timely manner
- Keep open lines of communication with team members and supervisors
- Complete all tasks while strictly adhering to food and human safety guidelines
- Maintain Wegmans’ high standards of quality at all times
- 3 or more years of experience as an equipment Mechanic in a manufacturing or distribution environment, including experience with preventative maintenance systems and techniques
- Proficiency with electrical and mechanical troubleshooting of material handling systems and process equipment, including conveyors and/or automated systems
- Knowledge of three-phase motors and wiring and experience programming and installing electronics and controls
At Wegmans, we’ve long believed we can achieve our goals only if we first fulfill the needs of our people. Putting our people first and offering competitive pay and a variety of benefits & perks is just the start of what it means to work at Wegmans.
Whether through premium pay for working on Sundays or holidays, offering industry-leading health care coverage and wellness programs to support physical, financial, and emotional well-being, or paid time off (PTO) to help you balance work and life, we’ve got something for everyone.
And because we care about the wellbeing and success of every person, we recognize each person has their own unique scheduling needs. We’re proud to offer flexibility in scheduling so our employees can prioritize what is most important to them. Our large, high-volume stores and 24×7 operations allow for personalized schedules that balance an employee’s individual needs with the needs of our business and each department.