Garage Supervisor (Body Shop) 115 views
- Salary Offer $27.51-$36.74 per hour
- Experience Level Highly Skilled
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education High School Diploma or GED
Regional Transit Service (RTS) is a regional transit authority established by New York State with more than 1,000 employees who proudly serve customers and business partners in Monroe, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, and Wyoming counties. Recognized as one of the best-run transit systems in the nation, RTS partners with the community it serves to provide vital, safe, and sustainable transportation services to nearly 8 million people each year. We carry out our mission by connecting our customers to jobs, school, healthcare, shopping, and recreational activities every day.
POSITION OVERVIEW: This is a safety-sensitive, first line supervisory position responsible for performing a variety of functions relative to the safe and efficient maintenance and repair of all RTS revenue and non-revenue vehicle maintenance, and several RTS buildings and facilities. Work is performed under general supervision of the Manager of Fleet Maintenance.
WORK HOURS: Monday – Friday, 6:00am – 2:30pm
WAGES: Starts between $27.51-$36.74 per hour (dependent upon experience)
Starting wage rate in accordance with the Teamsters, Local 118 collective bargaining agreement: $27.51 per hour
: Medical, Dental (currently free) and Vision (currently free), Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
: Disability Insurance, Pension Plan, NY State Deferred Compensation Plan, Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, Accident Insurance, Group Specified Disease Insurance and Hospital Insurance
: Paid Time Off, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays, Verizon Wireless Discount, On-site Fitness Center open 24/7, Employee Wellness Program, Culture & Inclusion Council, BJ’s Wholesale Club Discount, and more!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of established fleet mechanical maintenance and preventative maintenance practices and protocols.
- Working knowledge of the bus body & frame repair, painting and vinyl wrap processes, collision estimating, repair scheduling and reporting.
- Ability to read, understand and communicate bus build prints and schematics.
- Ability to work with computers and Microsoft Office software, Word, Excel and Access.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with co-workers and subordinate staff.
- Good judgment.
- Ability to make sound, well-reasoned decisions based on quantitative and qualitative findings.
- Dependability, tact, diplomacy.
- Physical ability commensurate with the demands of the position.
CANDIDATE MUST POSSESS:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must obtain a NY State Commercial Driver’s License, Class B and any applicable endorsements within 6-months from the hire date (Required to obtain Class B permit prior to start date).
- Candidates will be required to submit to and produce a negative drug and alcohol screen. Employees of this classification are designated as safety sensitive under FTA Rules and Regulations and subject to Drug and Alcohol Testing in accordance with company and federal rules.
CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO THE FOLLOWING FACTORS:
- Education attained beyond high school
- ASE Certification
- Mechanical Technical and Collision Repair Background/Experience
- Relevant Previous Work Experience
- Relevant Supervisory Experience (may include responsibility for performance review and disciplinary actions)
Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority (RGRTA) has a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees in accordance with state and federal law. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment in accordance with the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
RGRTA is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. RGRTA will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Pursuant to Federal Transit Administration regulations, all applicants for employment in safety-sensitive positions must be given a pre-employment drug test. An applicant may not be assigned safety-sensitive functions unless the individual has a verified negative test result. RTS is required by law to test for various substances, including cocaine, amphetamines, opioids, PCP and marijuana metabolites. Please be advised that marijuana stays in the system for an extended period, sometimes more than 30 days, and can cause a positive test result long after use.