Road Supervisor (Full time) $25.53 Hourly 64 views
- Salary Offer $25.53 Hourly
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education Some College
POSITION OVERVIEW: This is a safety sensitive, first line supervisory position responsible for performing a variety of functions relative to the safe and efficient conveyance of customers and other activities of Bus Operators. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Manager of Service Delivery and Manager of Transit Center Operations.
WORK SCHEDULE: Current Available Shift: Thursday – Sunday, 2:30pm-12:30am
HOURLY RATE: $26.72 per hour. This is a Union environment in association with the Teamsters, Local 118.
: Medical, Dental (currently free) and Vision (currently free), Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
: Disability Insurance, Pension Plan, NY State Deferred Compensation Plan, Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, Accident Insurance, Group Specified Disease Insurance and Hospital Insurance
: Paid Time Off, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays, Verizon Wireless Discount, On-site Fitness Center open 24/7, Employee Wellness Program, Culture & Inclusion Council, BJ’s Wholesale Club Discount, and more!
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES: (may perform other duties as required)
- Respond to and perform investigation of accidents and incidents.
- Respond to bus driver’s complaints or requests for assistance involving passenger disputes.
- May investigate customer complaints and prepare reports in response.
- Investigate and report on incidents or problems that could have adverse effect on company equipment or public/passenger safety.
- Supervise and coordinate bus drivers’ activities pertaining to route schedules.
- Investigate customer complaints and prepare reports in response.
- Check weather and road conditions or other hazards that could result in unsafe operations and/or cause delays in service.
- Establish detours in the event of hazards or blockades.
- Prepare daily logs and reports of all activities.
- Assist in training operators in new equipment functions, policies, procedures or other topics.
- Check bus operators for adherence to routes, schedules, and operating practices.
- Perform related work as required or as delegated by supervisor.
- May perform NYS vehicle and traffic law 19-A certification of bus operators.
- Perform security related duties as directed.
TRANSIT CENTER DUTIES: (may perform other duties as required)
- Controlling and coordinating the bus operations on-site (arrival/departures); assist operators backing up from bus bays if necessary
- Communicating with Radio Controllers/Monitors
- Gate operations
- Ensure safety of customers, employees, facility; assist customers, support security and local police
- Investigate and document incidents and accidents at the Transit Center
- Coordinate with contracted security and on-site police during emergencies; assist with emergency response when necessary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing ; Ability to establish effective working relationships with co-workers and subordinate staff; Ability to establish professional relationships with members of the public; Good judgment; Ability to remain calm, and think clearly in emergency situations; ability to conduct a thorough investigation, to make sound well-reasoned decisions based on findings of an investigation; dependability, tact, diplomacy, physical ability commensurate with the demands of the position.
The successful candidate must have a clean driving record and must obtain a Class B Commercial Driver’s License within (6) months from the date of hire. The candidate is also required to become a certified 19A examiner.
Candidates will be required to submit to and produce a negative drug screen. Employees of this class are designated as safety sensitive under FTA Rules and Regulations and subject to Drug and Alcohol Testing in accordance with company and federal rules.
STRONG CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO THE FOLLOWING FACTORS:
- Work Experience in Law Enforcement
- Relevant Supervisory Experience (must include responsibility for performance review and disciplinary actions)
- Education attained beyond high school