Garage Supervisor – Relief
- Salary Offer $28.48 per hour
- Experience Level Highly Skilled
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education Some College
POSITION OVERVIEW: This is a safety-sensitive, first line supervisory position responsible for performing a variety of functions relative to the safe and efficient maintenance and repair of all RTS revenue and non-revenue vehicle maintenance, and several RTS buildings and facilities. Work is performed under general supervision of the Manager of Fleet Maintenance.
WORK HOURS: This position is primarily responsible for covering scheduled vacations and other absences across all shops and shifts in the Maintenance Department. When not covering for another shift, the Relief Supervisor will typically be working days Monday – Friday and be assigned a variety of supervisory and support responsibilities. Actual hours and responsibilities will be determined by management.
Starting wage rate in accordance with the Teamsters, Local 118 collective bargaining agreement: $28.48 per hour
- Staying Healthy: Medical, Dental (currently free) and Vision (currently free), Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Feeling Secure: Disability Insurance, Pension Plan, NY State Deferred Compensation Plan, Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, Accident Insurance, Group Specified Disease Insurance and Hospital Insurance
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Personal), Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays, Verizon Wireless Discount, On-site Fitness Center open 24/7, Employee Wellness Program, Culture & Inclusion Council, BJ’s Wholesale Club Discount, and more!
- Assigns work orders to Technicians in EAM AssetWorks. Follows up with maintenance personnel as needed until the work order is completed.
- May be responsible for supervising mechanical and non-mechanical employees in different shops based on coverage needs.
- Works with Technicians to order parts and materials needed for specific jobs.
- Basic understanding of all repair shops and functions within mechanical and non-mechanical departments.
- Works with the Maintenance Department on cross functional projects and tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of and experience with established fleet mechanical maintenance, repair, and preventative maintenance practices and protocols.
- Hands-on bus and fleet maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of the PM inspection process.
- Familiarity with EAM and the ability to create, open, assign, and close work orders.
- Familiarity with the bus propulsion, suspension, electrical, pneumatic operations and repairs, scheduling, and reporting.
- Ability to work with computers and Microsoft Office software, Word, Excel and Access.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with co-workers and subordinate staff.
- Good judgment.
- Ability to make sound, well-reasoned decisions based on quantitative and qualitative findings.
- Dependability, tact, diplomacy.
- Physical ability commensurate with the demands of the position.
CANDIDATE MUST POSSESS:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must obtain a NY State Commercial Driver’s License, Class B and any applicable endorsements within 6-months from the hire date (Required to obtain Class B permit prior to start date).
CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO THE FOLLOWING FACTORS:
- Education attained beyond high school.
- ASE Certification.
- Mechanical and Technical Repair Background/Experience.
- Relevant Previous Work Experience.
- Relevant Supervisory Experience (may include responsibility for performance review and disciplinary actions).
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes required to sit while using hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk, hear, and use a computer. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.