Supervisor of Special Education, 12 months/yr. 34 views
- Experience Level Highly Skilled
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education Certification
Special Education Supervisors may have varied responsibilities over time, based upon the needs of our component districts.
- Provide instructional leadership and program development for students with disabilities from pre-school to transition age, across a broad continuum of services and programs.
- Supervise curriculum development/implementation, use of appropriate teaching strategies and instructional resources in collaboration with District and/or BOCES staff.
- Conduct Annual Professional Performance reviews for classroom teachers and support personnel as assigned.
- Manage the day-to-day operations, teachers, paraprofessionals, support personnel, students, classrooms, and student discipline in collaboration with District and/or BOCES staff.
- Participate as a member of the Administrative and Support Staff (attend Pupil Personnel Service and Administrative Council meetings, District Special Education meetings, etc.)
- Coordinate communication among classroom teachers, component school district personnel and parents on student issues, program intake/placement and discipline.
- Supervise the implementation of the Individual Educational Plan (IEP), student assessment and recommendations to district on placement, and services for students with disabilities.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate reports, student achievement/assessment records, attendance, counseling records and discipline reports.
- Participate and support staff development plan and provide leadership in developing/implementing customized staff growth opportunities in collaboration with District and/or BOCES staff.
- Assist the Director in budget preparation and location of program, equipment and space.
- Direct matters impacting the operation of programs (such as approving requisitions, visitation days, and field trips)
- Assist in committees/advisory groups and other professionally related duties as determined by the Director.