Manager of Data Science 28 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level All, Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 3-5
- Education 4-year degree
Drives impactful innovation, using big data, analytics, and data science to ensure solutions align with business strategy of delivering a great customer experience that is repeatable, sustainable, and scalable. Assesses alternatives and partners internally and externally to identify hypotheses, test, and implement strategic solutions across a multi-year horizon. Ensures risk and other information is monitored, properly presented, and explained through reporting and analysis for effective decision making at all levels of management, up to and including the Officer team and externally.
- Manages a team that researches, learns, applies, and teaches cutting edge technology, methodologies and techniques to remain a leader in the data science industry. Leads a team responsible for providing analysis and reporting to all levels of management, up to and including the Officer team and externally for the Paychex IHS Small Business Jobs Index.
- Constructs innovative strategic solutions that apply advanced analytics, data collection, and reporting to ensure that insights are converted to actionable intelligence for initiatives across a multi-year horizon.
- Partners with Operations, Sales, Marketing, Risk Management, IT, and HR to communicate, develop, implement, and execute initiatives and activities for the Paychex Data Science program.
- Participates in the development and deployment of industry leading solutions in the areas of predictive analytics, big data, data integration, and data visualization that drive customer value and enhance organizational efficiencies.
- Builds a critical mass of support, internally and externally, for predictive analytics and big data usage; advocates the standard in the industry, promoting the department and company through talks, articles, recorded demonstrations, and sample projects through networking, presentations, articles, talks and opinion pieces.
- Brainstorms, consults, explores, and experiments to provide data-driven insight for difficult decisions and change how we approach our customers.
- Cultivates client and business relationships across the company to identify, capture, and grow opportunities to help build reputation as a strategic, forward-thinking partner.
- Recruits, selects, hires, and evaluates performance of personnel to ensure departmental needs are handled appropriately. Counsels, guides, educates, mentors, and develops staff for advancement through career development, training programs, and other resources as required for professional advancement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Finance, or Accounting – Required
- Masters or doctoral degree in a related field.