Manufacturing Engineering Technician 10 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Mid-Level
- Total Years Experience 1-2
- Education 2-year degree
ArcWorks is a world-class contract manufacturer with 85,000 square feet of manufacturing space providing a variety of services including Class 7 clean rooms, electro-mechanical assembly, kitting, and packaging.
Learn more about ArcWorks in this video:
The Manufacturing Engineering Technician at ArcWorks acts as an Operations support in manufacturing’s daily operations. Assists manufacturing team with projects, including being a key part of the team on new product introductions. The Technician is responsible for maintenance of equipment, troubleshooting equipment and process issues, performing and documenting fixtures and equipment maintenance, and updating process documentation The Manufacturing Engineering Technician is responsible for research and recommendations for new equipment, calibration, preventative maintenance, and is the “owner” of the tool room and all equipment for the floor.
- Develop new process documentation for new production assemblies and documentation of new assembly methods.
- Complete time studies and work samplings to quantity process times and identify areas for process improvements.
- Develop, assemble, procure or modify existing and new tooling, fixtures, and equipment to ensure efficient production methods.
- Assist with hands on training of manufacturing employees on new products, tooling, equipment and process revisions.
- Read schematics, assembly drawings, data sheets, and process sheets to perform testing, build fixtures, checkout and trouble-shoot equipment.
- Participates in ArcWorks feasibility reviews to assist in the determination of equipment and resources required to implement new process projects and jobs. Participate in brainstorming sessions and cross-departmental meetings to ensure collaboration and cohesion.
- Provides oversight to the department’s Health and Safety Program. Ensures accident reports are completed and filed in a timely fashion. Responsible for the ISO related procedures that support a safe work environment for all ArcWorks employees.
- Develops, and maintains emergency evacuation procedures, conducts fire drills and maintains records according to standards.
- Conducts quarterly safety meetings
• Manufacturing analysis and improvement experience.
• New product development experience.
• Knowledge of manufacturing methods and procedures including Lean and project redesign methods.
• Demonstrated experience in developing detailed labor standards and conducting time studies.
• Read and understand detailed instructions.
• Perform mathematical calculations.
- Associates Degree and experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Mechanical, electrical knowledge required; familiarity with equipment required.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License. Availability of insured personal vehicle to transport self.