Medical Office Assistant 25 views
- Salary Offer Commensurate with Experience
- Experience Level Some Experience
- Total Years Experience 0-12 months
- Education Certification
The Medical Office Assistant supports and assists the nurse and health office team in the coordination and provision of health care to youth in care. The Medical Office Assistant is responsible for supporting delivery of quality health care to all youth in care.
Essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Works as part of the health office team to facilitate health office operations (example: maintains a clean, orderly, efficient work area ensuring general physical safety and hygiene).
- Collaborates effectively with nursing staff, as well as the Psychiatric and Medical Care Providers.
- Keeps all client medical records current following any interaction with client.
- Responsible for ordering of medications and medical supplies for the health office and residential units. Collects and inventories all discontinued and/or expired medications and facilitates appropriate method of disposal.
- Measures and records VS, height and weight of residential clients according to agency protocols.
- Prepares client schedules and charts for clinic sessions.
- Arranges medical and dental referral appointments as needed, including scheduling, completing required forms and making transportation arrangements. Provides transportation of youth to appointments using agency vehicle.
- Collects data on children with illness, injury and health related concerns. Communicates information to the appropriate nursing team member.
- Provides care according to First Aid and Basic Life Saving Skills Training.
- Coordinates and prepares home visit medications and tracks medication returns.
HS Diploma and a minimum of 1 year of child care, medical assisting or residential care experience is required. Candidates with an Associate’s degree in medical assisting are preferred. A Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is preferred. Candidates should have a valid driver’s license and meet agency driving standards.